uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » General Chat (Regular Discussion Between Users)
General Chat
Dartz

Message # 1 | 0:20 AM
General Chatter

Feel free to discuss any general non-related topics in this thread. From time to time a topic may be set to generate discussion but otherwise please feel free to communicate with our forum community! smile

Please understand however this thread is not a noticeboard for personal announcements and the administration may at times change the discussion topic to keep the thread open for input by all forum users.

• General Discussion

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2371 | 1:53 PM
Pancake, ooookay.. AOL is a connection.. sorry.. xD we don't have that in our country. lol
Pancake_old

Message # 2372 | 7:43 PM
YamiTatsuro, Its very old and out dated its kinda what started the computer faze here.

Theres some old AOL Commercials let the videos show you what its like smile

ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Saturday, 2012-07-14, 7:45 PM
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2373 | 3:33 AM
Pancake, nah. maybe next time. xD I know you wouldn't be interested if I share something about the connection we are using here in the philippines. lol
Pancake_old

Message # 2374 | 6:15 AM
YamiTatsuro, You never know enless you try...tell me bout it. smile
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Sunday, 2012-07-15, 6:15 AM
CoffeeCone

Message # 2375 | 10:29 AM
Hey guys, I just finished writing up a quick tutorial on how to create your own Facebook emoticon that you can actually use. If you're interested, my post can be found here: http://coffeecone.com/post....utorial . smile
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Pancake_old

Message # 2376 | 11:08 AM
sad I wish people would stop using facebook and say yes to the Lord. cool

Watch This

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
CoffeeCone

Message # 2377 | 1:30 PM
Quote (Pancake)
I wish people would stop using facebook and say yes to the Lord.

Watch This

I don't see why people can't do both.

EDIT:
And just FYI, the site you gave has a "Like" and a "Tweet" button. cool Just sayin

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Post edited by CoffeeCone - Sunday, 2012-07-15, 1:31 PM
Pancake_old

Message # 2378 | 4:30 PM
CoffeeCone, Well thats the only thing I say 'eh' to. but I guess it works itself out some how.
however lets take a closer look at that. you said theres the like and tweet buttons right ?
ok, as you can see almost 99.8% of websites has those buttons. now before I go in deeper...
facebook is just another users website. some guy that one day wanted to make a webite.
if you do your research its said somewhere on the net that the guy wasnt a good man.
somthing was said about him not being a good guy and how they were evil worshipers or somthing.
lets get back to the buttons. there every-where. dont you find it weird that those buttons are every where ?
its kinda slowly (in time) taking over the world. have you ever heard of the mark of the beast ?
thinking about that, facebook is kinda like that. the buttons have to be on every website.
and the story about the mark of the beast is found somewhere in the Bible i'm guessing its the King James Bible.
but you can go to bible.com and check it out.
But long story short Its a bad place to be a member at. They have so many laws and crap that they promised to there members but broke them.
these storys can be found on google just do a search on that. im sure you'll find somthing.

Now back in the day I remember watching the Ten Commandments.
in that movie the Lord took Moses with him to write the ten commandments.
they were gone for a very long time even years.
Then one day they came back and everyone was having a party.
breaking all laws. worshiping a goat or somthing. so anyway...
they come back with the ten commandments and cant remember what happens but they probly all went you know where.
you'll have to watch it. but what im getin at is facebook is that party. everyone is brain washed to go there. and be weird.
everyone is brain washed to gather others to visit there fb page. (word of mouth) hey visit my page blah blah blah.
alright well I hope you get the idea here.
dont allow yourself to become distracted from the main reason were even here.
we were not put here to spoil ourselfs in man made things. we were put here probly as a test to see if all this stuff was given to us, would we still love the Lord ?
dont let facebook kick your ace.

Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Post edited by Pancake - Sunday, 2012-07-15, 4:31 PM
CodeResolution

Message # 2379 | 11:45 PM
That video actually gives you a good insight in to believing in God. I'm not a religious person and would mostly consider myself a Humanist. I believe mostly in Science, but I still find myself talking to myself as though God is with me (when I'm upset or feel let down). I used to prey after a relative died some time back, but eventually as I grew up I began to loose my faith and just went on with my life. Whatever goes around, you face it.

I always keep my self-respect, as well as more importantly strong respect for others. I'm always there for friends, family and others around me in general. I do believe in God, but it's not something I really think about. I just think that whatever happens, happens and you just have to deal with it. Live life to the full, have fun and make others happy. Don't cause others harm without reason and don't bring pain to yourself. Your life is your control, of course things will get in the way, but it's your job to fight it.

When it comes to the ten commandments, ermmm. Well, I've striked my sins.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'
TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.' (I've said 'Oh my god' a lot of times)
FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.' (Don't know what this is)
FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'
SIX: 'You shall not murder.'
SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.' (I first had sex at 16, which to be fair is legal in the UK)
EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.' (I stole a toy car, some energy drinks and some chocolate bars before)
NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'
TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

Some of them I'm not sure if what I did wrong actually count.

----

Pancake, Facebook had it's time, taking over the internet, and people's lives. But it's fading away. And it was built by one of four Co-Founders, Mark Elliot Zuckerberg. He's a greedy, young and gifted man. He may have the Devil's curly hair but I don't think he's an evil worshiper. He had, or stole an idea to create an online social network. And that's what he did. Made him a multi-billionaire too.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by CodeResolution - Monday, 2012-07-16, 0:01 AM
CoffeeCone

Message # 2380 | 5:09 AM
Quote (Pancake)
CoffeeCone, Well thats the only thing I say 'eh' to. but I guess it works itself out some how.
however lets take a closer look at that. you said theres the like and tweet buttons right ?
ok, as you can see almost 99.8% of websites has those buttons.

But if it isn't for the good of all, why do they have them in their website in the first place?

Quote (Pancake)
now before I go in deeper...
facebook is just another users website. some guy that one day wanted to make a webite.
if you do your research its said somewhere on the net that the guy wasnt a good man.

It's been well and known to most of the world already that Mark Zuckerberg had a background in hacking.

Quote (Pancake)
somthing was said about him not being a good guy and how they were evil worshipers or somthing.

Can you cite some legitimate source for this claim? I think I read he was an atheist but not an evil worshiper of some sort.

Quote (Pancake)
lets get back to the buttons. there every-where. dont you find it weird that those buttons are every where ?
its kinda slowly (in time) taking over the world. have you ever heard of the mark of the beast ?
thinking about that, facebook is kinda like that. the buttons have to be on every website.
and the story about the mark of the beast is found somewhere in the Bible i'm guessing its the King James Bible.
but you can go to bible.com and check it out.
But long story short Its a bad place to be a member at. They have so many laws and crap that they promised to there members but broke them.
these storys can be found on google just do a search on that. im sure you'll find somthing.

Be that as it may, I still stand by my previous statement above; "if it isn't for the good of all, why do they have them in their website in the first place?"

Quote (Pancake)
Now back in the day I remember watching the Ten Commandments.
in that movie the Lord took Moses with him to write the ten commandments.
they were gone for a very long time even years.
Then one day they came back and everyone was having a party.
breaking all laws. worshiping a goat or somthing. so anyway...
they come back with the ten commandments and cant remember what happens but they probly all went you know where.
you'll have to watch it. but what im getin at is facebook is that party. everyone is brain washed to go there. and be weird.
everyone is brain washed to gather others to visit there fb page. (word of mouth) hey visit my page blah blah blah.
alright well I hope you get the idea here.

Well just to let you know, I joined and used Facebook on my own will and nobody has brainwashed me into doing it. And as for me, I invite people to visit my page because that's one of the media outlets where I stream posts about my blog.

Quote (Pancake)
dont allow yourself to become distracted from the main reason were even here.
we were not put here to spoil ourselfs in man made things. we were put here probly as a test to see if all this stuff was given to us, would we still love the Lord ?
dont let facebook kick your ace.

And finally, why would He put us here in the first place to test us? He's already the God, He already knows what's gonna happen, whether people will still lve Him or not. How about that?

--------

I enjoy having knowledgeable debates Pancake. smile

Added (2012-07-15, 11:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (CodeResolution)
(I first had sex at 16, which to be fair is legal in the UK)

Lol, right back at you man cool

Only, on my case, it's not legal here in the Philippines -.-

Post edited by CoffeeCone - Monday, 2012-07-16, 7:06 AM
PixelKhaos

Message # 2381 | 6:30 AM
Hey guys, letting you all know I'm back from vacation and not having a computer!
Still don't have my school laptop, but got a temporary one to use for internet and photoshop (:

So, what has been up? Have I missed anything?

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2382 | 6:47 AM
Would the people involved in the discussion above like me to move it to a separate thread? It is beginning to get a little in depth for the general chat thread.

Quote (CoffeeCone)
read he was an atheist but not an evil worshiper of some so

That's correct. Mark Zuckerberg was an atheist. Nothing more however.

~~

Acid, welcome back! smile Not a lot overly important has happened however the forums are currently undergoing an upgrade to the new design and such. smile How have you been?

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
CoffeeCone

Message # 2383 | 7:05 AM
Paradox, sorry paradox :P just trying to win a debate. :P I find it to be informative as well to hear Pancake's side of things.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2384 | 7:06 AM
CoffeeCone, lol, I'm not really worried about it. :P Was just wondering. smile Indeed. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2385 | 8:31 AM
Attachments: 9807444.jpg (73.5 Kb)
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » General Chat (Regular Discussion Between Users)
Search: