uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:39 PM

We've been preparing the changes in our pricing and plans for several months, and today we are ready to announce them.

Starting from September (approximately September 22) we introduce new prices and add new options to the packages, such as:

• additional storage in the plans;
  • a minimum package for "light" websites;
  • a business package for the owners of online shops;
  • increased security (basic and premium antiviruses);
  • automatic backups;
  • free premium templates.

We've always been the most inexpensive website builder, and if we take into account the features uCoz offers — the most functional as well. And we still want to keep the title, so the prices remain affordable.

We understand that many of our premium users have already purchased the existing packages or were counting on the existing prices.
We will continue to provide all purchased services for their original prices. Besides, the current plans can still be acquired until the new plans have been introduced. Afterwards only the new plans and prices will be available.

Want to switch to the new plans?
The previously purchased plans can be cancelled at any time — you will have the funds returned to your website’s account and will be able to select and buy a new plan.

We gave a lot of thought to the new plans before introducing them, but it is likely that we will continue to fine-tune them, adjusting and extending more options for the premium users into the future.

Our goal is to make the plans clear and useful; to remove the options most users don't need from the plans, and make them available for purchase as separate services. That can be done only through active communication with the users, so we will be very glad to receive your comments and suggestions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Davor24

Message # 16 | 2:02 PM
Quote Sunny ()
This isn't really a problem because in case you have a large backup that cannot be uploaded via FTP you should contact the Support Team and we will help you upload the backup to your website.

I didn't know this is an option but if they can help to restore full site files that is great then. smile

Quote Sunny ()
The final details haven't been approved yet, but most probably you won't be able to choose when backups will be created, and the copies won't be included into your site's storage (i.e. the place backup copies occupy won't be counted).

That's also a great news since i plan to buy package whit 3 or 5 auto backup i suppose they will be done weakly and since they will not be part of our CP files we can be sure even if somehow lose all the files.

Since i need just space and no banners on site i welcome this changes especially auto backup feature, and thx for all the help. smile
rys3r

Message # 17 | 9:29 PM
The rise of plans I understand, but not the Minimal Plan with ads. Why we pay for a service with ads?
I think that is the only flaw in the new plans. Young people and non-profit organizations can't afford $5.99/month just to haven't ads.
Vorpal

Message # 18 | 7:40 AM
Quote rys3r ()
The rise of plans I understand, but not the Minimal Plan with ads. Why we pay for a service with ads?
I think that is the only flaw in the new plans. Young people and non-profit organizations can't afford $5.99/month just to haven't ads.

The rise in plans i don't understand. Instead of expanding their user base they increase the prices. The young and non profit ? I don't think anyone cares about them...

They seriously need to rethink the whole line.
Or they want to release it this way -> but no one will buy -> then based on statistics -> they will change the tariffs when they see how bad they were balanced in the first place.
virtuesmind

Message # 19 | 8:33 AM
Does now ucoz have got limited disc space for free users? how much will 12 month plan cost now? will it be ad free?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 20 | 9:36 AM
virtuesmind, the disk space of users with a free plan is unlimited. If you buy a paid plan, you get more disk space (+1 GB, +2 GB, etc.) which differs by the selected paid plan.
Quote virtuesmind ()
how much will 12 month plan cost now?

The full pricing list will be published at 8th of september on the Control Panel.
Quote virtuesmind ()
will it be ad free?

Don't think so (if you reffer to the Minimal plan).

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 21 | 10:46 AM
Quote virtuesmind ()
Does now ucoz have got limited disc space for free users?

The disc space is unlimited for all plans, free and paid. But it increases gradually. You get some limited initial disc space, and it varies for different plans: 400 MB in the free plan, 1 GB in the Minimal plan, 2GB in the Basic plan and so on.

Quote virtuesmind ()
how much will 12 month plan cost now?

Depends on the plan you want to buy.

Quote virtuesmind ()
will it be ad free?

Websites are ad-free in all paid plans except the Minimal one.

Raver

Message # 22 | 4:14 PM
The rise in plans i don't understand. Instead of expanding their user base they increase the prices. The young and non profit ? I don't think anyone cares about them...

Vorpal, we strongly support schools and social projects - this means that we disable the Ads on their websites completely and for free! More details about it you can find here. This has been going on since the early days of uCoz and it will always be!
Urs

Message # 23 | 6:33 PM
Remove the ads on minimal package no matter the nature of a website.

Take into consideration your older prices which were much more balanced.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Friday, 2014-09-05, 6:36 PM
Vorpal

Message # 24 | 6:41 PM
Quote Raver ()
Vorpal, we strongly support schools and social projects - this means that we disable the Ads on their websites completely and for free! More details about it you can find here. This has been going on since the early days of uCoz and it will always be!

You are all blind.

Ads on premium package is plain stupid. No offense.

First you insert 2 ads then ask money for the removal of 1 ad.
The site is not visible at all with 2 ads, and that was your original purpose : to make free sites unusable and to force people to buy the 6$ plan.

Quote Urs ()
Remove the ads on minimal package no matter the nature of a website.

Take into consideration your older prices which were much more balanced.

Delete the minimal plan and tell the truth. New prices start with 6$ and 10$ for shop. Double in both cases.
Post edited by Vorpal - Friday, 2014-09-05, 6:45 PM
Raver

Message # 25 | 9:29 PM
Vorpal, Urs, thanks for your feed-back again. The new uCoz package structures proposed previously are not the final ones, and are subject to change untill they come into full effect. All our users will be announced about the final changes and you'ill be able to see it in the Control Panels of your websites.
virtuesmind

Message # 26 | 7:06 AM
Ucoz, I think focusing on selling us AdWords credit will be fine. Focus on seo improvement and get us premium plugins that will increase our visibility.

Added (2014-09-08, 1:06 AM)
---------------------------------------------
old prices were good

Urs

Message # 27 | 12:59 PM
Quote virtuesmind ()
old prices were good

Indeed 5.49$ for shop package was OK. 10$ is too much.
3$ for ads OK. 6$ too much (more expensive than old shop at 5.49$)

Premium Template you get one free template that costs 20$ ? (when paying for 12 or 6 months) or are you limited to the cheaper ones ? (only the more expensive ones are interesting anyway)

Putting 2 ads on free sites is also a bad move. Look at WordPress they put ads on free sites from time to time (rarely) not all the time like uCoz does. To me these moves look like suicide in the current market.

The SEO module should also be included in the 5.49$ package or lower since there is a serious problem with having titles and meta descriptions for pages (after the first personalized 20 - you have to use conditional operators - and many people don't know how that works)

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Tuesday, 2014-09-09, 1:08 PM
Sunny

Message # 28 | 2:57 PM
Quote Urs ()
Indeed 5.49$ for shop package was OK. 10$ is too much.

The E-shop can be added as a separate option to any of the plans, e.g. Basic 5.99 + E-shop 1.99 = 7.98

Quote Urs ()
Premium Template you get one free template that costs 20$ ? (when paying for 12 or 6 months) or are you limited to the cheaper ones ? (only the more expensive ones are interesting anyway)

You will be able to choose any template from the template store.

Quote Urs ()
Putting 2 ads on free sites is also a bad move.

There is only one ad banner on each website. Or do you also mean the copyright?

Quote Urs ()
The SEO module should also be included in the 5.49$ package

The SEO module hasn't been released yet, so there is no final info as to what plans it will be included into.

rys3r

Message # 29 | 4:47 PM
Quote Sunny ()
There is only one ad banner on each website. Or do you also mean the copyright?

He mean the copyright i guess. But the point is, we paid for a premium plan so if we are your clients why should we want ads?
For the cheap plans (minimal and basic) i understand that we can live with the copyright but not with ads.

My opinion:
Free = Ads
Paid = No ads
Urs

Message # 30 | 8:23 PM
Quote rys3r ()

There ais only one ad banner on each website. Or do you also men the copyright?

I mean the new minimal package only removes the big banner while the bottom one remains ... or does it transform the big banner into a smaller banner ?

Quote rys3r ()
He mean the copyright i guess. But the point is, we paid for a premium plan so if we are your clients why should we want ads?
For the cheap plans (minimal and basic) i understand that we can live with the copyright but not with ads.

My opinion:
Free = Ads
Paid = No ads

According to them the minimal package only removes the big banner while you still have a banner in the bottom. So are there 2 ads on a free website or when you pay for minimal the big banner becomes smaller and moves to the bottom ?

Reduced advertising
Instead of the standard banner ad at the bottom of the screen will display the new - a height of only 70px

The free sites need more subtle ads anyway (minimalistic and slim) not big banners that cover the site and follows the user around showing naked women, pills to lose weight, pills to enhance sexual performance or surgery to make bigger genital organs to children.

So this 70px should have been the default ad on the free sites !

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Tuesday, 2014-09-09, 8:52 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Search: