This update is available on all servers.
Entry Management Panel
To some of our users this will appear a trivial change, however, for us here at uCoz this is a very significant upgrade which we're ecstatic to have the opportunity to release. For a long time now we have been wishing to update this system component, although weren't yet ready to implement this transformation. This upgrade affects (as some of our users have already noticed) a large number of templates, so it has been a difficult step to introduce new and improved icons without negatively impacting the designs. Today, we do hope to have managed that!
So what does this new and improved
moderation panel look like?
If some things on your website are affected negatively by this change:
- Please post here on the forums about corrupted default designs so that we may remedy these.
- For newer sites created on the system, users can use only the new moderation panel. For older websites the new panel is also enabled by default.
- Users who wish to return to the old appearance are welcome to do so (Control Panel > Settings > Common settings), however, please note that this is only a temporary measure during the design transition.
- Designs that require a right-anchored moderation panel are able to implement this within their designs using $MODER_PANEL_RIGHT$. This will unfold the moderation panel in the opposite direction.
Social Links on User Profiles
User profiles have got the option allowing to display links to the social accounts the user connected to the account. This means that new $VARIABLES$ have been added to the "User personal page" template. Simply restore the default template, or, if you have a custom template, use the new codes. Here is how they look:
And there is also a new option in the user group settings:
These codes used together with conditional operators may result in interesting custom solutions :)
Other Upgrades & Bug Fixes
In addition to the upgrades applied to our moderation panel, we have an additional list of bug fixes and upgrades made to the system:
- Comment switchers in the E-Shop module have been fixed.
- RSS import bugs resolved.
- Everlasting page loading when adding a channel category.
- Fixed bugs in templates 1080, 1090, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1088, 1089, 1064, 1063, 1062, & 2012.
- Remedied code showing up in search results.
- YouTube videos can now be added to the forums via HTTPS.
That's everything again for today, although keep an eye out for more updates on the way!