• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Floating Footer Menu (Tutorial)
Floating Footer Menu
CodeResolution

Message # 1 | 2:45 PM
Installation:
Place the following code within your header tags (this code places the menu on the left hand side):
Code
<?if($USER_AGENT$='ie')?><?else?><!-- Floating Menu -->
<div style="position:absolute;position:fixed;bottom:1;left:1;">
<div id="menu" style="display: none;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="150" style="border: 1px solid gray; background: #f6f6f6;">
          <tr><td height="32"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> <b><font color="#ff0000">»</font> Site Menu</b>   <small>[<a href="javascript://" onclick="$('#menu').slideToggle(2000)">X</a>]</small></span></td></tr><tr><td style="background: #f6f6f6; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid gray;">
<br>$SMENU_1$

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tr><td width="500">

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table></div>
          <div style="height: 22px; width: 150px; border: 1px solid gray; background: #f6f6f6; margin-top: 1px;">
          <div style="float:left; height: 18px; width: 150px; border-left: 1px solid gray;text-align: center; padding-top: 4px;"><a href="javascript://" onclick="$('#menu').slideToggle(2000)">Site Menu</a></div>
          </div></div>
          <!-- End Floating Menu --><?endif?>

Optional features:
If you want to change the side to right instead of left, use the code below instead of the original:

Code
<?if($USER_AGENT$='ie')?><?else?><!-- Floating Menu -->
<div style="position:absolute;position:fixed;bottom:1;right:1;">
<div id="menu" style="display: none;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="150" style="border: 1px solid gray; background: #f6f6f6;">
          <tr><td height="32"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> <b><font color="#ff0000">»</font> Site Menu</b>   <small>[<a href="javascript://" onclick="$('#menu').slideToggle(2000)">X</a>]</small></span></td></tr><tr><td style="background: #f6f6f6; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid gray;">
<br>$SMENU_1$

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tr><td width="500">

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table></div>
          <div style="height: 22px; width: 150px; border: 1px solid gray; background: #f6f6f6; margin-top: 1px;">
          <div style="float:right; height: 18px; width: 150px; border-left: 1px solid gray;text-align: center; padding-top: 4px;"><a href="javascript://" onclick="$('#menu').slideToggle(2000)">Site Menu</a></div>
          </div></div>
          <!-- End Floating Menu --><?endif?>

Unfortunately the code wont work properly on Internet Explorer (IE) so I have included some conditional operators to the script so that it wont show on IE.

Check out: Live Demo

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by Mistory - Sunday, 2010-03-21, 7:51 PM
Ryan7903

Message # 16 | 1:44 AM
I have alot of questions on this one! My website is a music blog, Im almost ready to go and code the whole thing from scratch to have it run my way, but I notice here and there that there's some loop poles. I have this floating bar at the bottom of my page. I want to make it so every link/music they click it will appear in the floating box, making it capable of listening and still going through my pages. Another idea is; can I put a custom music media player to work in the floating box, and if I can, what would I have to do to make music play through it since all the music is posted daily and not just a one set play list. It is all being posted on the publisher page but what would make it recognize that a song is being played and pop up on the floating bar? I know it sounds like im going from idea to idea but there is just too many questions :P
Natashko

Message # 17 | 10:15 AM
Ryan7903, it will involve a lot of custom coding. Unfortunately, we do not provide help with it. See more about music on the website here
Vik

Message # 18 | 3:19 PM
CreativeCollusions, is it possible to change the design of it like make it different color or make the edges more round or just change the size.
CodeResolution

Message # 19 | 3:42 PM
Vik, you can change the colour of the background and the border colour and size by editing the following part of the script:
Code
border: 1px solid gray; background: #f6f6f6;"

Note: There are more than one of the code above. You can edit them separately or as the same. I believe one is the original box and then one of the menu table.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Dangem

Message # 20 | 5:37 AM
sir how can i apply the alert box at the right corner sir with the link of register here
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Floating Footer Menu (Tutorial)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: