Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » How did you hear about uCoz? (a poll)
How did you hear about uCoz?
How did you hear about uCoz?
1.found in Google or other search engine[ 27 ][44.26%]
2.from friends[ 11 ][18.03%]
3.from another uCoz website (clicked on banner or copyright)[ 12 ][19.67%]
4.on YouTube[ 3 ][4.92%]
5.at some forums (e.g. webmaster forums)[ 3 ][4.92%]
6.other[ 5 ][8.20%]
Answers total: 61
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:29 PM
This info is very important for other. Comments are welcome.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WillPittenger

Message # 2 | 3:29 PM
Wikipedia.
Will Pittenger
Armaros

Message # 3 | 3:29 PM
God damn good thread! I remember the day when I saw uCoz site first time. It
was a bit more than 2 years ago & after few days I made my own test site to
check the system. Too bad I didn't register on support forums, but I'm here now...

How I found? - Clicked on 'www' link at someones profile at other forums. The worst
part is, after I made site on uCoz, so many people registered as well and tried to
copy every new thing I added, but lol, I inserted the code which doesn't allow right
click + added code to display page blank in case people uses sort-cuts to see page
sources. Yes, I typed a lot & you had to read. Yes, I'm 'evil' because of those codes! wink

l2viruz

Message # 4 | 3:29 PM
I found it in a Hopzone Voting System...where there was a server hosted an had the poor design of Lineage 2 of UCOZ...I saw the domain it belonged to and just visited it and registered...

I was excited by the capabilities of it as a free system and decided to move on this to try it out...

Quote (Armaros)
I inserted the code which doesn't allow right
click + added code to display page blank in case people uses sort-cuts to see page
sources. Yes, I typed a lot & you had to read. Yes, I'm 'evil' because of those codes!

This is to prevent newbies from stealing your site..yes it is quite a pain to see your things copied...Though for those who know a bit more it is easy to find your source code (HTML,CSS,JS) only.

Armaros

Message # 5 | 3:30 PM
l2viruz, I do believe the ones who knows a 'bit more' will make their own but of course, they also could steal, but it's mostly against the newbies, because they cannot make anything. I'm more against those people who steal my lines & claim their own. They can't use right click, short-cuts & web-browsers view, most of them give up. You are so right, it's a pain. sad
Pilot

Message # 6 | 3:30 PM
I was checking out some random forums and saw a thread, where someone was recommending it to others, so I checked it out happy

And so... I made my own site. ^^

Weno

Message # 7 | 3:30 PM
My friends recommended me. smile tongue
classic007

Message # 8 | 3:30 PM
I've heard about ucoz thru friends.. They recommend ucoz as a good and free hosting site.. That's why, I'm so thankful I found UCOZ...

More power to UCOZ and god bless... happy

check my page at Geeks
My webpage
with uCoz since 2008
Superhero

Message # 9 | 3:30 PM
I just searched in google about making free websites
so i got ucoz so i quickly made one but later deleted it and created new one
its awesome ucoz rocks biggrin
scottbenton

Message # 10 | 3:30 PM
i heard about ucoz by just simply going to a website and the banner for ucoz came up, i registered and i made two websites one is just for news n stuff haha and the other gets around 1000+ views a month (i know its not that much) but still have had the website for 5 months now biggrin i love ucoz, they provide great support too, and they are very very active smile
kibawe

Message # 11 | 3:31 PM
Search Engine...

Ive been making web sites with my friends then I wanted to search forum but what Ive found is more than Ive search for.

Many people said that the best thing in this world is free, but to tell you ucoz is one of the best FREE THING in the internet world.

esp-css

Message # 12 | 3:31 PM
i stumbled onto one of the sites once, and just checked it out... biggrin
DeathGod

Message # 13 | 3:31 PM
my brothers friend told me about it, so I checked, and Ucoz really is great
www.drunkenjesus.net
jackass

Message # 14 | 3:31 PM
Heard from a friend, at that time a start to interest making html web pages, and it was the best I ever found out...
NewDayKid

Message # 15 | 3:31 PM
google.i was looking for how to create cool website something like that ..and i find ucoz.and in ucoz i can do everything so thats what i like . tongue well done admins :))
http://magick.ucoz.com
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » How did you hear about uCoz? (a poll)
Search: