• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Module Release (Update 2-2016)
SEO Module Release
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:45 PM

No doubt, the SEO Module is one of the most desired and long-awaited updates, and we are happy to finally announce its release! The module's main goal is to help you optimize and promote your website.
It is possible to optimize a website manually, and our advanced users know how to do it, however, it's surely much easier if this process is automated and requires no more than ticking a checkbox or filling out a field. With the launch of the module, website owners can generate custom URLs, easily set up meta tags, and use 301 redirects within a website.

Features

SEO Module in an uninstallable module that is activated automatically on all websites. It has two versions: Free and PRO. Premium users with the enabled Optimal, Shop or Maximal plans get the full PRO version (as long as the plan is active). Free users and users with the Minimal or Basic plans get the limited Free version.

The module has three sections: Premium settings, Redirects, and Yandex Services.

Premium Settings

The tools in this section will help you do the following:
  • Use custom meta tags Title, Description, Keywords for modules, categories, and posts (new variables are introduced for this purpose: $SEO_TITLE$, $SEO_DESCRIPTION$, $SEO_KEYWORDS$).

• Set custom URLs for modules, categories, and posts — now you can not only choose URLs for posts, but also change the default module URLs: /blog, /news, and so on.

• Edit the robots.txt file directly in the Control Panel.

• Set priorities for pages with the rel="canonical" attribute — this will allow to remove duplicate content from search results.

The described features are quite resource-intensive, that's why they are only available in the PRO versions of the module.

Note: currently custom URLs, Title, Description, Keywords are only available in the content modules: Page Editor (index), Site News (news), Publisher (publ), File Catalog (load), Site Catalog (dir), Blog (blog), Online Games (stuff), Photo Albums (photo), Ad Board (board).

Redirects

It often happens that the URL of a post changes, or a page is deleted completely. As a result you may need to set up a redirect that will help to transfer traffic from the old page to a new one, as well as merge the two URLs (which will preserve their search engine rankings).

That's where the Redirects section comes to the rescue as it will help you to set a 301 redirect from one page to another. The maximum number of redirects is unlimited in the PRO version, and 5 in the Free version.

Note: only internal redirects within your website are allowed.

The Yandex Services section is currently under development.
The SEO Module FAQ will be available soon at http://faq.ucoz.com

If you notice any bugs or errors, please report them here.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2 | 3:14 PM
oh cool. an update. smile
bodbreed

Message # 3 | 5:19 PM
Quote Sunny ()

Set custom URLs for modules, categories, and posts — now you can not only choose URLs for posts, but also change the default module URLs: /blog, /news, and so on.

haha amazing update!
Dalex

Message # 4 | 9:36 PM
Great move, it is much better... happy
Post edited by Dalex - Thursday, 2016-03-31, 9:38 PM
Cyberdasm

Message # 5 | 1:01 PM
Sunny, thanks yehey...

Added (2016-04-01, 1:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Eriko, I don't expect that they will release it.

1F4BF3B
kankukong

Message # 6 | 12:27 PM
module forum, URL SEO is the most Important
but currently does not. disappointing

URLs of other modules can optimize long ago .

in my opinion , the original function of this SEO module is not really helpful to the current time
helte26

Message # 7 | 3:09 AM
where i can find that setings
IMB4

Message # 8 | 4:57 PM
Good update. However I think that all who have paid a service should be able to use it. SEO is basic for any website. Ucoz not have to take advantage. We would be paying something basic like if premium ... Also, I do not understand how you can not get a URL with "-" and not "_" ... (something that Google penalizes).

I'm sad because I paid for a service in uCoz (which seems expensive for what it really is). And yet I can not use something basic as what is said in the post.

Message # 9 | 5:07 PM
I think the same as IMB4 or kankukong. Good job but could have been better.
Webmaster and Graphic Design - Sports Website
Sunny

Message # 10 | 9:27 AM
Quote helte6213 ()
where i can find that setings

Which settings? The SEO Module is available on the list of module to the left, in the website's Control Panel.

Davor24

Message # 11 | 1:56 PM
Title, Description, Keywords for modules, custom url

So is this different (and if it is how) from using meta tag/title combined with conditional operator for that same stuff on page?
Post edited by Davor24 - Monday, 2016-04-04, 1:57 PM
Sunny

Message # 12 | 2:37 PM
Davor24, the meta tags functionally won't be different, but the process will be must easier - you will just need to fill in fields instead of editing the HTML:

Urs

Message # 13 | 10:56 PM
Quote Sunny ()

The Yandex Services section is currently under development.
The SEO Module FAQ will be available soon at http://faq.ucoz.com

If you notice any bugs or errors, please report them here.

Thank you for the update. I noticed a week ago it came into the CP.

1. What happens when you have for main pages already conditional operators and you also select the titles, descriptions, keywords in the SEO module ? Which one overwrites witch ? Or do you get 2 times duplication of title, description and keywords ?

<?if($URI_ID$='page1')?>
<title></title>
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">

<link rel="alternate" href="" hreflang="" />
<link rel="alternate" href="" hreflang="" />
<?endif?>

2. There is no <link rel="alternate" href="" hreflang="" /> in the SEO module. Or is this the same as rel=canonical ?

3. On one of the sites : http://thassosvilabea.com/ the SEO module works. And you can add titles, descriptions, keywords on each page when you edit it.

On http://thassos.ucoz.com/ however you don't get anything when you activate the SEO module and try to edit pages.

Added (2016-04-05, 10:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I found bugs.

If both :

Title, Description, Keywords
Custom URLs

Are selected and saved in seo module, NONE work !

Or they do work, but you have to click : Set custom URL, Title, Description, Keywords

It doesn't add titles, description or keywords to the page.

Even if i put :

$SEO_TITLE$
$SEO_DESCRIPTION$
$SEO_KEYWORDS$

in site pages, in head section.

Help !

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 11:06 PM
Sunny

Message # 14 | 11:57 AM
1. Both sets of meta tags will be displayed, i.e. they will be duplicated.

2. No, it's not the same. isn't available in the module and currently we are not planning to add it.

3. Could you describe your steps in more detail? Which meta tags and on which page you added?

Message # 15 | 0:59 AM
Maybe all payed plans need to have this module (full module...)
Webmaster and Graphic Design - Sports Website
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Module Release (Update 2-2016)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: