uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » IP blocking (What to do)
IP blocking
Natashko

Message # 1 | 12:33 PM
I have set the security settings so that now it is possible to log in to Control Panel only from the specified IP addresses and subnetworks. But my IP address has been changed. What should I do?

Contact Technical Support: http://www.ucoz.com/contact . Provide the answer to the secret question and the reason why your IP address was changed. Do not forget to provide the website address and the indicated IP address, if you remember it of course.

Before changing security settings so that it is possible to log in to Control Panel only from the specified IP addresses, make sure that your IP address is static! If you do not know what it is or how to check it, do not set login to Control Panel only from the specified IP addresses. If your IP address changes or you want to access the website from another computer, it will not be possible!

My IP is temporarily blocked. What should I do?

This is a standard situation.
If you try to log in and enter a wrong password more than 5 times in succession, the security system – temporary IP blocking - is enabled. The IP is unblocked in an hour. This measure helps to protect your website from hacking by means of checking all possible passwords (a brute force attack). Any attempts to enter a password (including the correct one) during the block period with prolong the access blocking.
After your IP has been unblocked, make sure you are entering the correct password and try to log in.
If the password still does not match, please use the password reminding form http://www.unet.com/remind/ .

I have received the message: "Your IP was temporary blocked due to high requests flow". What should I do?

In order to protect the system from irrational usage of scripts (“POST”/”GET” requests in particular), uCoz blocks the IP addresses of the users, who send requests to the server more than twice per minute.
Make sure you do not have scripts enabled on the website that send requests to the server more than once per minute just because a user moves a mouse or he/she is present on the website. You may use 1 (maximum 2 such requests), which starts working after the page has loaded. In other cases, use Informers.
The time of the IP address blocking is 3,5 hours.
We suggest that you check the website scripts and optimize their work (number and frequency of requests to the server), to avoid blocking.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 16 | 12:34 PM
SDMTEAM, if they are registering under the same email you can block them through the email by opening Control Panel > Users > Module Settings and checking block repeated emails.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Natashko

Message # 17 | 12:34 PM
SDMTEAM, another solution is to provide Users with limited permissions and then transfer them manually to Checked group with higher permissions.
SDMTEAM

Message # 18 | 6:13 AM
Quote (Natashko)
SDMTEAM, another solution is to provide Users with limited permissions and then transfer them manually to Checked group with higher permissions.

i am not understand please more details Natashko

u r right solutions
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 19 | 7:45 AM
SDMTEAM, when a user joins a site they are autmoatically added to the user group "Users". You would give this group limited user permissions that are set through the control panel and then for users that you would like to grant more permissions to you would manually move that user to the "Checked" group.

Hope this helps, happy

SDMTEAM

Message # 20 | 12:09 PM
Quote (Paradox)
SDMTEAM, when a user joins a site they are autmoatically added to the user group "Users". You would give this group limited user permissions that are set through the control panel and then for users that you would like to grant more permissions to you would manually move that user to the "Checked" group.

Hope this helps, happy

I Thinks Very Nice Idea But hummmmmmmmmm

one issue i have daily visit and check new user ........ sad

not possible....
Natashko

Message # 21 | 12:50 PM
SDMTEAM,
Quote (SDMTEAM)
not possible..

What? What doesn't work? Users transfer? See this then: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-13311-1
SDMTEAM

Message # 22 | 7:30 AM
Quote (Natashko)
What? What doesn't work? Users transfer? See this then: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-13311-1

this is work nicely
Animorph

Message # 23 | 8:49 PM
SDMTEAM, its easy to find out actually if he used the same IP as before when registering.

you can try to go to your member list paste his old IP in the first box search by IP and then all his accounts should appear.

To busy building a passive income online ;)
MeowMeow

Message # 24 | 2:28 PM
Is ok if someone try to type 5 times a password and he fail...ip block...but is more ok if someone will do something like...a Unblock IP somewhere/somehow just to be a alternative situation for someone who wrong the password and he need to enter in Control Panel in that hour (just a ideea,but there is more experts who know better then me so im sorry if i wrong with something)... (sorry for my bad english)

Added (2011-07-12, 8:28 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Ooo..i forgot...Thx UCOZ for what you do...nice job !

Natashko

Message # 25 | 2:32 PM
MeowMeow, The IP is unblocked in an hour.
shmuce

Message # 26 | 7:06 PM
I made a new site here. Just in hour about i got IP blocking.. as i understood to 3.5 hours. So...

if accidently clicked 2 times on refresh.. then i got it? and if you know that i'm site admin? anyway? what a pitty sad
Natashko

Message # 27 | 9:09 AM
Quote (shmuce)
I made a new site here. Just in hour about i got IP blocking.. as i understood to 3.5 hours. So

It depends on the error text you see. If you are blocked due to high request flow - then yes, 3.5 hours.
Quote (shmuce)
if accidently clicked 2 times on refresh.. then i got it? and if you know that i'm site admin? anyway? what a pitty

We suggest you monitor the website scripts and optimize their work (number and frequency of requests to the server), to avoid blocking.
Magnum-019-Negotin

Message # 28 | 9:28 PM
I activate a current ip option for control panel on my site,but meanwhile,my ip is changed,how to go in cp and deactivate that?
http://www.onlinesaprevodom.com
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 29 | 3:57 AM
Magnum-019-Negotin, which IP feature exactly are you using. The one where you specify your own IP addresses to access the CP by or the security level?

If you are using the one where you have to set the IP address you are accessing the CP by, it is not possible to change it once locked out. My best advice it to contact technical support regrding this concern.

If instead however you have just set the IP security level to high it can be changed back by going in through the security settings again.

Good luck wink

Loz

Message # 30 | 2:19 PM
I have received the message: "Your IP was temporary blocked due to high requests flow".

The time of the IP address blocking is 3,5 hours.

Any way to reduce this time and get it unblocked quicker?

The website is stigtattoo.ucoz.com.... I made an error in a script which caused the repeated requests... This error has now been fixed

uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » IP blocking (What to do)
Search: