• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » File Manager (Everything about File Manager is here)
File Manager
Natashko

Message # 1 | 12:36 PM
Useful information

• The maximum length of the file name with extension is 45 characters.
  • The maximum size of the uploaded file is 15 Mb.
  • Not more than 200 files and folders can be situated on one nesting level.
  • The name of the file may contain only Latin letters, numbers, flatworm and minus symbols Files with identical names will be re-saved(substituted).
  • The link to the file can be obtained by clicking on its name.
  • When you remove the catalog, its content is removed to.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How to create a folder in File Manager?
Use the button in the upper right corner.

I would like to allow some users groups to have access to some of File Manager folders (not the whole File Manager). Is it possible to do it this way?
No. Users may upload files and images via “File-archive” and “Image”options in some of the modules.

How to make an uploader on the website? I want all the users to upload their music and photos there. I do not want to change group permissions as it is complicated to find File Manager. I want the uploader to be on the website itself.
There are lots of services, which provide uploading and hosting services. There is no need in wasting your disk space for it. All the users will have to do is to add links to their files.

See more about other ways of uploading files here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/10-13848-1#79682
Attachments: 5266111.png (45.0 Kb)
StarDust

Message # 2 | 12:36 PM
ok so i try to upload html onto the file manager but when i look for the file after i upload it onto the site, it's nowhere to be found.
Like when i go to the page where it should be it's not there and i don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?

Also does anybody have th code for sub-forums??

Bhalu

Message # 3 | 12:36 PM
I want to upload files in file manager.But Files are different for different user.Can I make password gated down load to maintain privacy?
TheAdministator

Message # 4 | 12:36 PM
I dont know how to indicate a .jpg file from file manager, i need an image link and i dont know what to do. So my question would be like this:

Is it possible to indicate files from file manager and if yes how?

http://www.fight4glory-eng.clan.su
Armaros

Message # 5 | 12:36 PM
Quote (StarDust)
Also does anybody have th code for sub-forums??
No one can edit $BODY$ of forum.

Quote (StarDust)
ok so i try to upload html onto the file manager but when i look for the file after i upload it onto the site, it's nowhere to be found.
Like when i go to the page where it should be it's not there and i don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?
Maybe you broke some of these?

# Maximal file name length is 45 characters (with extension).
# Maximal file size is 15 Mb.
# Each folder level can contain not more than 200 files and folders.
# File name can consist of Latin letters, digits, hyphens and underscores only.

CodeResolution

Message # 6 | 12:36 PM
Bhalu, this is not possible. I recommend making a suggestion, http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/24 (make sure to follow suggestion rules - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/24-7902-1 ).
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Natashko

Message # 7 | 12:36 PM
TheAdministator,
Quote (TheAdministator)
Is it possible to indicate files from file manager and if yes how?

I am not sure I understand what you mean, when you say "indicate". You can see what kind of file it is by its extension at the end. File manager is in the upper bar of your website-option "Control".
Please rephrase your question for us to understand it better.
StarDust

Message # 8 | 12:36 PM
I don't think i broke those
SirDarknight

Message # 9 | 12:36 PM
Add The Files You Want To Upload In FileManager To A Winrar and Give Them A Password. You're Done. Users Can Download Now, But Can't Open

TheAdministator

Message # 10 | 12:36 PM
I mean like this filemanager/myfilename. Example: filemanager/photo.jpg. And then it automaticly loads photo.jpg.. Something like that.
Armaros

Message # 11 | 12:37 PM
I can't image what could be wrong. Can you screen?
Natashko

Message # 12 | 12:37 PM
Bhalu, you may set the group permission so that only you as administrator will have access to File manager. (CP->Users->User groups->Set permission for all groups->Other->Use File Manager) It is like this by default. Moderators and Friends might have access as well, but not the other groups.
You may also set permission of groups for viewing or editing the entries, added with the help of File manager.
If this is not what you are interested in, be more specific then.
Natashko

Message # 13 | 12:37 PM
TheAdministator,
Quote (TheAdministator)
I mean like this filemanager/myfilename. Example: filemanager/photo.jpg. And then it automaticly loads photo.jpg.. Something like that.

In File manager there is a circle with letter "I" inside.() When you click it - the window with a link will pop up. Copy the link and use it.
There are also images of pictures next to some files.() If you click on it - the link to embed the image is generated automatically.
StarDust

Message # 14 | 12:37 PM
Sorry bout the late post here is the link. like we can't use the forum. Like it's not shown anywhere. we have to add the link to get there and we find that quite annoying
here
TheAdministator

Message # 15 | 12:37 PM
I dont want to create new topic so i will post one more question here, how to put gametracker to my website, is there are special HTML code or what? because i dont find it on block content.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » File Manager (Everything about File Manager is here)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: