• Page 2 of 2
  • «
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Type of AD on free hosting
Type of AD on free hosting
LinearMan

Message # 16 | 3:39 PM
Sunny,
Thank you for responding to my messages about unduly obtrusive advertisements. I do appreciate the attention you’ve given to my problem, even though I’m naturally disappointed that the ads remain fixed on the screen rather than tied to the header.
Perhaps there is another solution, and that is to make the “close” button more visible. I enclose a doctored screenshot taken from my website. On the left is the present close button which is less conspicuous than the “X” on the top-right of the advert. (That “X” takes you to the advertiser’s website, which is what the other buttons are there for.) On the right is a suggested alternative:
(1) The “X” is in bold red, not thin grey.
(2) The lettering and border of the button are in black (not dark grey).
(3) The “CLOSE” has been clarified to “CLOSE AD”.
Would that improvement be easier to implement than the one I previously requested? I think it would be popular with users of ucoz sites with adverts.
LinearMan
PS: I can send a bitmap image of my suggested close button if you are interested.
Attachments: 8634548.gif (76.4 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 17 | 7:58 PM
LinearMan, thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely forward it to the ad management team, but I can't promise it will be implemented.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
LinearMan

Message # 18 | 3:01 PM
Sunny,
Thank you for your open-minded response to my suggestion. I enclose a Gif image of the suggested new close button (it wouldn't accept bmp). You will notice it is no wider than the existing close button.
LinearMan
Attachments: 4676826.gif (1.0 Kb)
Cyberdasm

Message # 19 | 10:52 AM
LinearMan, Great Job.
1F4BF3B
LinearMan

Message # 20 | 4:40 PM
Sunny,
Has the ad management team had a chance to consider my suggestion? If the answer is "not yet", could you please commend it to them?
LinearMan
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 21 | 10:12 PM
LinearMan, unfortunately Sunny has moved on from working with uCoz. We will hopefully receive a new forum administrator soon. cool

As to your inquiry, there is a high probability your suggestion has been previously considered by the team. Unfortunately things take time to implement, or in addition may also not be implemented at all depending on the current priorities of the project teams.

I'll make sure to have this brought again to their attention, however, like Sunny previously, cannot guarantee either a swift outcome, or that your suggestion will be implemented.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Type of AD on free hosting
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: