• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Ajax pop-up in Online Games
Ajax pop-up in Online Games
Rtxas

Message # 1 | 11:24 PM
Hello everyone, I'm working on this new site where you can download freeware games. And I have a little problem because I have to versions of one multiplayer game one for Europe and one for America.

So basicly I wan't an Ajax window to pop-up when people press "Download Game for PC" wich would let you choose american or european. I searched the forum and I found a thread about those Ajax windows. But it didn't help me at all because the code didn't even work on a normal html page, it also didn't on the "Download for PC".

I would really appreciate if someone would help me.

~RtXaS~
Post edited by Rtxas - Saturday, 2011-06-04, 11:39 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 11:35 PM
Okay, I think I understand what you mean so feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood. To begin I'm assuming you have created this button yourself and are able to access it's HTML code. If you can do this, in the HTML tag paste the following snippet:

Code
onclick="ajaxauto()"

You will have already found the two posts on Ajax popup windows but on the page that you wish to have the window appear paste the following code anywhere on it:

Code
<!--<script type="text/javascript">
function ajaxauto(){
var ajax_data = 'Content Goes Here'; new _uWnd('myname','Your Title',200,400,{shadow:1,autosize:1,modal:1,close:1},ajax_data);}
</script>-->

This will at least open the window when a user selects the download button. To have the user select a version you can edit the content for the ajax windows using HTML and have it link to the different versions.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Rtxas

Message # 3 | 11:47 PM
Quote (Paradox)
<!--<script type="text/javascript">
function ajaxauto(){
var ajax_data = 'Content Goes Here'; new _uWnd('myname','Your Title',200,400,{shadow:1,autosize:1,modal:1,close:1},ajax_data);}
</script>-->

Baaah, I still don't get it, but nevermind I found an easier way out.
Thanks anyway. smile

EDIT: CLOSE THIS PLEASE!

~RtXaS~
Post edited by Rtxas - Saturday, 2011-06-04, 11:48 PM
Animorph

Message # 4 | 11:54 PM
To busy building a passive income online ;)
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Ajax pop-up in Online Games
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: