Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
Candy

Message # 1 | 6:30 PM
The appearance of the ad banner will be changed in within several days for the users from the USA. The format of the new banner will be 250х300

The uCoz Team

Hello all,

Can somebody explane why today an awfull ad was visible on my website on the right upper site of the main page.
Not a small one that normaly is visible horizontal and with one can live with.
NO a large one 12 cm x 5 cm lager awfull banner sometimes like a gamble machine sometimes and with all kind of awfull advertising.

Is this just a one time event or do I face this from now on day by day ??????

Thanks in advance for any explanation. surprised

Cheers Candy
Post edited by Meddy8189 - Wednesday, 2012-06-20, 3:15 PM
ZTSF

Message # 2 | 8:24 PM
Here the same.
My website users gets very irritated by it.
Is there a way (except by paying) to get it smaller or move it??

Raymond wink

Come to ZTSF: www.superzt.ucoz.com
Kurt

Message # 3 | 9:21 PM
Premium package (payment) is the right way! It means that you care about your website and have serious attitude towards it.
And $3 - excellent and low cost, isn't it?
ZTSF

Message # 4 | 10:04 PM
Are there also way's without paying??
I'm a student with almost no budget.
So then I should think about transfer my site sad

Raymond wink

Candy

Message # 5 | 10:19 PM
Its a pitty no writing no announcements and suddenly they appear on ones website.
I do not think this is the right way,if you take your users seriously or?

And for that price you can get a website everywhere,this was not how Ucoz has promoted itself in the beginning or do I overlook someting.

Further the ad is implemented right over the users content and in no way in a diplomatic place.

Ok I will see how things develope and make my final conclusion.

Cheers Candy

Ps: Yeah Raymond that was the big force of Ucoz to give people with low budget the opportunity to make a website for free.
Post edited by Candy - Tuesday, 2012-02-07, 10:21 PM
Kurt

Message # 6 | 10:39 PM
Quote (ZTSF)
Are there also way's without paying??

Winning one of our competitions.
Donations from your visitors.
Or, if the site is social and non-profit.

Quote (ZTSF)
So then I should think about transfer my site

Where? And what you'll have to pay?
Kurt

Message # 7 | 10:43 PM
Quote (Candy)
Ps: Yeah Raymond that was the big force of Ucoz to give people with low budget the opportunity to make a website for free.

Nothing has changed. You can still make a free website with unique functionality. Look at the price and size of competitors' ads.
At present, the advertising of this size and type is a test. It might change in the future. And it is not for all countries.
CodeResolution

Message # 8 | 10:28 AM
Candy, the way uCoz advertise themselves is that anybody can create a website for free. Which is true. Like most companies though, they want to make a profit somewhere. And that's why premium accounts where brought in, but nobody is forcing you to pay for these premium services. However like Kurt said, if you care about your website and have the right attitude towards it - it's worth it, and it's actually quite cheap.

Despite that, I do think that an option should be available for permanent removal of advertisements rather than the maximum being 24 months. If I was offered the removal of all the advertisements forever, I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
ZTSF

Message # 9 | 11:03 AM
Quote (Kurt)
Or, if the site is social and non-profit

But my website is social, its made for a game community and it's non porfit because after some trials we give up advertising on the website.
So we don't have any profit with it and it's made for the community.

So who is watching for that??

Raymond wink

Post edited by ZTSF - Wednesday, 2012-02-08, 6:51 PM
Candy

Message # 10 | 7:33 PM
@Kurt not for all country's but unfortunate for my country
@Haunter

Look there was no anouncement there was no mail to the users to inform them for the upcoming change this is a miss match in communication to the users.
Why not a mail with explanation and the possibility and included introduction/information to choose for a package as this free version without advertising is no longer an option.
As I can see Ucoz has a lot of people involved to run it proffesionely was there nobody thinking about the users and how to inform them???

No just a brute large AD....... in my case like today VERY AGRESSIVE but that off course is part of your plans .I received a lot of reaction from people that are visiting my web on a regular base and did not now how to explane as there was no time to act before this change took please what a blame.

Ok my website is a private website so is not a school website but at the other hand is used as reference for an educative garden and a childerns farm in my environment and brings a reference point for the weather in my area.
It is without any advertising and brings me now mony at all,after my webcam suddenly loaded with ad's now my website too.

Ok I will see how to upgrade BUT I speak not only for myself here but for other users too like Ramond guys who have only little mony to spend.

Sorry if my reaction sounds a bit angry but still my point is the poor communication from Ucoz in this case,it would still not be nice to face with a paid version ( for SOME people who can afford ) but a bit more easy to understand and giving people the time to think about upgrade and take the nessesery steps to upgrade instead of the suprise now occured and no time to solve.

Cheers Chris

Added (2012-02-08, 1:33 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Terible people are contacting me as there is stated in the ad they are the winner of an I PAD o my god,Ucoz people give the users some time to decide what they will do.

Chris
Post edited by Candy - Wednesday, 2012-02-08, 7:34 PM
Kurt

Message # 11 | 9:52 AM
CreativeCollusions, Thank you for your support and understanding.

Quote (CreativeCollusions)
If I was offered the removal of all the advertisements forever, I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price.

Are you familiar with some type of service that provides a service based on a single payment for the entire period, hosting service that could be paid for with one-time payment for the whole period? The only logical way is to register for subscription services and deducting the payments automatically in addition to the guarantee for a fixed price. Such methods are available
ZTSF

Message # 12 | 12:49 PM
Kurt,
Can you give me anwser on my quostion:
Quote (ZTSF)
Quote (Kurt)
Or, if the site is social and non-profit

But my website is social, its made for a game community and it's non porfit because after some trials we give up advertising on the website.
So we don't have any profit with it and it's made for the community.

So who is watching for that??

Raymond wink

At the moment i get flooded by messages of people wich want to know where the can get there Ipad facepalm
To whom should I send them to?? Ucoz??
And there're also english people on my website how can't read the dutch ads, they ask me why I make spam on my own website dry

Is there a way to get the old ads back (the horizontal bar)??

Raymond wink

Candy

Message # 13 | 6:57 PM
Kurt,and other managers of Ucoz,

No reaction at all about my writing nor the question from Raymond, you are avoiding the disscusion, here we say if you are silence you agree.
But you found the time to thank your supporter CreativeCollusions.

Why users reveived no information about this plans ?? And no time is given to upgrade let say a month.

By the way very poor info is given how exactly to upgrade,
The posting from Raymond is shocking please give your reaction about this,too

regards Chris
Post edited by Candy - Thursday, 2012-02-09, 7:03 PM
Лютый_хомяк

Message # 14 | 7:18 PM
I always buy premium package for my sites. A site free of adds opens faster, looks better.

Added (2012-02-09, 1:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
ZTSF, ooooh gorgeous! give me her link smile

Made over 30 sites on Ucoz.
ZTSF

Message # 15 | 10:09 PM
Again I've got a report of a member how thinks this don't belong at a forum with young children.
This ad is what he've got:

ZTSF wink

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » New appearance of the uCoz ad banner
Search: