• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Can i protect my website with a password?
Can i protect my website with a password?
samerkanaan

Message # 1 | 11:30 PM
can i protect my website with a password, so only the people that have this password could access it ?
Superhero

Message # 2 | 2:55 AM
samerkanaan,
you can adjust user group permissions so that definite pages will be available only for the groups you want.
Armaros

Message # 3 | 2:34 PM
samerkanaan, yes you can. It's a JS code which wont let people connect your site unless they fill in password requested field correct. Unfortunately, I'm at my laptop at the moment & cannot access my main PC (could if would use TW, but that's a mess). That's why, if you want me to provide the code, you will have to wait. If no, than you can search it by yourself using Google.

Edit: Due to some changes, I wont be online on main PC today,
but I have found useful site for you. Click here! (Pass: hypergurl)
Post edited by Armaros - Tuesday, 2008-12-09, 2:35 PM
BRIKZ

Message # 4 | 7:25 PM
Hey are there any new updates on this? I just started my site and I definitely only want certain people to be able to access it. Thanks,
Sunny

Message # 5 | 9:27 AM
Quote (Superhero)
you can adjust user group permissions so that definite pages/modules will be available only for the groups you want.

And you can move users to certain groups manually so it will actually have the same effect as password protection.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
BRIKZ

Message # 6 | 3:19 PM
Thanks for replying Sunny, but there was a "hypergurl" link from Armaros, and I put that in after code and it still didn't work: ex..

So i go to control panel-----page editor---module design customization----

and then under page editor---site pages----after <head> i paste this in? with my own password changes obviously....this just the example. Is this right? Doesn't work for me so trying to figure out what i did wrong? Thanks,

<script
language="JavaScript"> <!--hide script supplied by hypergurl http://www.hypergurl.com
var password; var pass1="hypergurl"; password=prompt('Enter your password
in order to view this page!',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct password,
OK to enter!'); else { window.location="http://www.hypergurl.com"; }
// end hide--> </script>

Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:32 AM
BRIKZ, unfortunately I do not provide help with third-party scripts.
BRIKZ

Message # 8 | 10:27 AM
ok, well do you think this might be a feature added soon? This seems to be a popular request and much needed.
Sunny

Message # 9 | 7:06 AM
BRIKZ, you can put it as a suggestion on the Suggestion board (according to the rules) but I cannot promise it will be implemented.
BRIKZ

Message # 10 | 9:57 PM
I'll try it, and thanks so much for the (according to the rules) comment. I wish this forum were a little more patient with newbies....or maybe i should try something else..
Sunny

Message # 11 | 7:00 AM
BRIKZ, this forum is patient but tries to keep order. Such comments are caused by the fact that most users prefer not to read the rules (I do not mean you).
BRIKZ

Message # 12 | 2:43 AM
Ty, Tom Black.....if that is your real name.....??????? lol
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Can i protect my website with a password?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: