uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User permissions (only for registered users, some limitations)
User permissions
Sunny

Message # 31 | 9:46 AM
Amit, must be possible by means of conditional operators - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Amit

Message # 32 | 10:18 AM
thanks Natasha
but if u can give me exact script for this, it's great help for me coz I don't aware for java scripting.
So if u've some spare time for me then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

LOL
Amit smile smile smile smile smile

Sunny

Message # 33 | 12:12 PM
Amit, and you don't need any javascripts, just html. Read the thread about conditional operators, everything is explained there.
alokkumar

Message # 34 | 12:27 PM
HI there!

If I am not logged into my site - I am STILL able to edit it (with simple drag and drop). Does this mean that anyone can edit my site? If so why and how do I fix the problem. Thanks for your help biggrin

Tommy

Message # 35 | 12:37 PM
alokkumar, Could you be more specific? What your users are able to edit in your site?
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
alokkumar

Message # 36 | 1:09 PM
Erm... Basically... When I log out of my site - just to see what it's like for users and guests to view - I discover that I can just click on some text and edit it or I can click on anything (e.g The Login Form) and I can simply press the delete code and the login form will disappear.

Is that enough info?

Just say if not!

Sunny

Message # 37 | 1:35 PM
alokkumar, check user group permissions and delete cache files in your browser.
ajzone

Message # 38 | 2:35 PM
hey, sorry if this is in the wrong bit its the closest search i could find, i need to set something where once they sign in it forwards to a sertain page, ive set the home page (landing page) as a sign up today, then all groups are banned from viewing it once they sign in, (so they see the address all your questions to the site administrator) instead of the sign up today, its the only way, and then the home page is different, i need to know how to set it so once they sign in it forwards them to "home"... smile

sorry again if its in the wrong part sad and feedback would be much appreciated smile

Dartz

Message # 39 | 4:21 PM
You can use Conditional Operators to display text if user is logged in and to display
content if user is not logged in. Afterwards you can use redirection code to apply it
when user is logged in, also conditional Operators and to be safe users cant access
the page, you can strict page permissions while editing it. If you don't want to have
auto-redirect you can always insert a simple link next to error access text.

Conditional Operators
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1

Redirection Code
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-2540-1

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
ajzone

Message # 40 | 6:53 PM
Thank you dartz happy
Anubis

Message # 41 | 5:56 PM
Hi,

When I go to Control Panel - Users - User Groups - Admin - Edit and then check "Allow HTML tags in posts" box in Forum section and save, nothing happens. When I check it again it remains unchecked. Same thing happens for other groups like Moderators.

Is HTML supported in forum posts and if so why can't I set it in CP?

Thanks for the response

Sunny

Message # 42 | 8:30 AM
Anubis, delete cookies and cache files and try again, try to use another browser. If it does not help provide your website URL.
Anubis

Message # 43 | 4:06 AM
Quote (Sunny)
Anubis, delete cookies and cache files and try again, try to use another browser. If it does not help provide your website URL.

Thanks a lot! That helped. smile

EbelAngel

Message # 44 | 10:14 AM
Hi,

Some of my users on the forum sometimes create long posts. They sometimes gets messages from the 'system' that the session has timed out and authorisation is required again, and with it the post is lost and they have to type it again.

I suggested that if they have long posts, they type them in notepad first and then copy - paste in to the forum, but I would like to know if there is a way to increase this session time?

I have looked in the cp under the forum module settings, under the main settings and the users group settings, but could not see anything related to this. Have I overlooked it , is this browser related or can't this be changed at all?

Please advise.

Site: www.cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk & using a custom #896 design.

Thanks in advance

Dartz

Message # 45 | 12:11 PM
It's not possible.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User permissions (only for registered users, some limitations)
Search: