• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Entries with the expiry date On Ad Board
Entries with the expiry date On Ad Board
albhack

Message # 1 | 7:43 PM
When i installed i am sure i seen the option to choose what the next step to be if an ad reaches a month but now would like to make somechanges .. would like to select the board to remove it auto .. cannot find that option anymore donno where to find it...checked module settings didnt see it there ..
Ucoz rocks top to bottom..

please check my site
www.shopcenter.ca feel free to ad your site on the catalog site ...

Animorph

Message # 2 | 9:51 PM
do you mean this ?

Main » Ad Board » Module settings » Actions for the entries with the expiry date reached:
- Do nothing
- Mark as Inactive
- Remove From Database

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Post edited by Animorph - Friday, 2010-12-17, 9:52 PM
albhack

Message # 3 | 8:46 AM
yes .. i cannot see that anymore ....

Added (2010-12-19, 2:09 Am)
---------------------------------------------
okay figured it out that the date of the ad placed till has tobe activated for that to show up .. thanks Animorph

Added (2010-12-19, 2:46 Am)
---------------------------------------------
anyone know of a button or link that exist to repost the ad after expired with a one click of a button?

Ucoz rocks top to bottom..

please check my site
www.shopcenter.ca feel free to ad your site on the catalog site ...

Natashko

Message # 4 | 4:09 PM
albhack, there isn't such a button or link. You may just edit the ad and change its date.
khen

Message # 5 | 4:09 PM
Do inactive or expired ads in AD BOARD still be crawled by search engines?
Animorph

Message # 6 | 4:09 PM
I think so , if thy are able to be found in search engines before thy expire , then thy will also be found after the expired date but then people click the link in search engines and end up in a dead link for example

once something is able to be found in search engines it will take some time after the date of removal to be not search able

Natashko

Message # 7 | 4:09 PM
khen, it depends on robots indexation. If the ad was deleted after the website was indexed by robots, it will be displayed by the search engines till the next indexation. After the next indexation the search engines will not find the ad, so it will not be displayed further more. I hope I made myself clear.
khen

Message # 8 | 3:45 AM
If an AD in the Ad Board expires, is there an email alert to the poster of that ad that notifies him/her that the ad he/she posted expired?
Animorph

Message # 9 | 10:16 AM
no , i think that you need to contact the person of the add manually , there's no automatic notification as far as i know
Post edited by Animorph - Wednesday, 2010-12-22, 10:16 AM
Natashko

Message # 10 | 1:33 PM
khen, we don't have such a feature. Animorph, is right
khen

Message # 11 | 8:49 AM
is it possible through advance script coding?
CoffeeCone

Message # 12 | 9:30 AM
Quote (khen)
is it possible through advance script coding?

Probably not since most things you can script in the uCoz interface is via JavaScript... Since uCoz doesn't even support PHP, I doubt you'll be able to run Cron Jobs to periodically check the Ads... sad

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

osmanys

Message # 13 | 4:43 PM
There is a way to force an especific expiration date?? For example, if I want all the ads active along a month, can I do it?
Sunny

Message # 14 | 12:07 PM
osmanys, with the standard system it is not possible. Perhaps with some custom coding it will be.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Entries with the expiry date On Ad Board
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: