• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » IE error on page - related to File Catalog Category i think (also Site catalog Category)
IE error on page - related to File Catalog Category i think
Loz

Message # 1 | 3:58 PM
In IE (Internet explorer) - The 'Add an entry' for both the file catalog and site catalog modules is loaded with errors.

This is working absolutley fine in firefox for both modules.

The result on the page is that you are unable to click on the category drop down box, hence unable to select a category and therefore (because category is mandatory) unable to add an entry.

http://www.ultimatetravelservices.co.uk/load/
http://www.ultimatetravelservices.co.uk/dir/

Post edited by Loz - Monday, 2011-07-25, 3:59 PM
Natashko

Message # 2 | 9:33 AM
Loz, first of all, we always recommend to use FF and try to avoid IE usage. Second of all, most probably the problem was caused by the conflict of scripts. There are many third-part scripts at your website. I suggest you disable them one by one to check which one is causing the problem. And then remove it.
Loz

Message # 3 | 6:48 PM
Natashko

Thanks for your help
Regarding scripts
Done as you suggested and found that it is one of the twitter scripts that is conflicting with ucoz

At the moment I have got around this by inserting some conditional code in the block

if you know of a better way (especially considering it's only happening in IE) then please advise.

Regarding your comments on FF/IE. Totally agree with you and I only use FF myself but seen as this is a function I want site users to have, unfortunately I can't control which browser they will use and hence I am testing the site for both browsers.

Natashko

Message # 4 | 1:11 PM
Loz,
Code
<?if($USER_AGENT$ = 'ie')?>....<?else?>.....<?endif?>
you might use this code as well.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » IE error on page - related to File Catalog Category i think (also Site catalog Category)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: