• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Ad board section and categories (How do I..)
Ad board section and categories
jehobith

Message # 1 | 6:10 PM
I have the Ad Board Module set as my default main page. I have created all the sections and categories that I need. What I would like to do is display the list of categories under its parent section on the ad board module main page.

I have my section "community" but want to display all the associated categories like so:

Community<----section title
Garage sales<----category
Yard Sales<----category
Events<----category
fundraisers<----category
ect.<----category

How can I achieve this?
Post edited by jehobith - Sunday, 2014-03-30, 6:11 PM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:13 PM
jehobith, you will need to create such menu manually, the $CATEGORIES$ code can't do what you need. E.g., you can create a menu of Ad Board sections and categories via Site Menu Builder, and then paste the code on the Ad Board main page.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
jehobith

Message # 3 | 2:49 PM
So would doing it via site menu builder require a lot of menus and do i need to to make them all vertical? Wish i could see how this is done.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 3:26 PM
jehobith, you don't need to create many menus, you can create one menu with all section and category links, something like this:

The menu can be either vertical or horizontal, as you like. And on the website it will be something like this:

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
jehobith

Message # 5 | 10:42 PM
ok I was able to come up with something using your method. thank you

www.mylocalads.us
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Ad board section and categories (How do I..)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: