uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Fields of the new entry form (Add multiple link, add another box, filters, max length..)
Fields of the new entry form
Sunny

Message # 46 | 10:38 AM
Taurisko, that's because by default the brief description is displayed on the entry page. Go to CP -> Customize Design -> Ad Board -> Page with entry full text and its comments -> find $BRIEF$ and replace it by $MESSAGE$ .
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
FuriousAngels

Message # 47 | 5:15 PM
I need to have a field be a 'selection' field, so that the user can select the map they played on via the selection list that is provided. I also need to Allow them to use a check box to select the races played... none of the provided entry fields allow for this customization. So what you are saying is uCoz does not allow for full customization and I can not create my own unique fields?

First, what I truly would like to do is have my own fields. I am trying to host a replay website and need to allow users to choose the map they played on, pick the races that were played, among other various information. So to gather this and output it, what should I do? I have tried to manipulate the already designated fields by renaming them, etc... however this is unsatisfactory for me and does not allow for the functionality which I seek. Is there a solution to my problem?

Also, I would like to have forms adjust to the category selected, example:
If a user selects 1v1 replays, he would be given the Entry Adding form to add replays, however if the user selects to upload a movie, he would be given a form designed for detailing movies.

Does uCoz allow for such customization?

Best Regards

Animorph

Message # 48 | 5:29 PM
Quote (FuriousAngels/PM)

No, that thread only allows for changing the names of fields. I need to have a field be a selection field, so that the user can select the map they played on through the list that is provided. I also need to Allow them to use a check box to select the races played... none of the provided entry fields allow for this customization. So what you are saying is uCoz does not allow for full customization and I can not create my own unique fields?

yes i'm saying that you can change names adn add custom fields but you can't make a drop box from the field , as far as i know that is impossibe

To busy building a passive income online ;)
FuriousAngels

Message # 49 | 5:54 PM
Hmm.... so uCoz systems does not allow for me to have what I want... after all it is my website... why am I restricted in what I can do with it?
mehaNik

Message # 50 | 9:23 AM
Quote (FuriousAngels)
Hmm.... so uCoz systems does not allow for me to have what I want... after all it is my website... why am I restricted in what I can do with it?

uCoz gives great customization possibilities. The default fields can be also customized but within certain limits. Besides, do not forget about JavaScript that is fully supported by uCoz. With capable hands it is possible to do almost anything by means of JavaScript. E.g. you can mix modules - display the fields of one module into another one.

http://ucoz-wiki.com - WIKI about uCoz
http://beston.ucoz.com - Best Websites On uCoz.com
FuriousAngels

Message # 51 | 4:12 PM
Quote (mehaNik)
uCoz gives great customization possibilities. The default fields can be also customized but within certain limits. Besides, do not forget about JavaScript that is fully supported by uCoz. With capable hands it is possible to do almost anything by means of JavaScript. E.g. you can mix modules - display the fields of one module into another one.

Well that is a very nice way for you to glorify uCoz but the simple fact remains that no module contains the field which I seek. Is it possible to construct a field in the contact form than and utilize that in the File Catalog? With e-mail forms I have "near" full control of fields and could create what I ideally need through there temporarily. Your words to me are confusing though so please if you would, help me understand

mehaNik

Message # 52 | 5:29 PM
Quote (FuriousAngels)
Well that is a very nice way for you to glorify uCoz but the simple fact remains that no module contains the field which I seek. Is it possible to construct a field in the contact form than and utilize that in the File Catalog? With e-mail forms I have "near" full control of fields and could create what I ideally need through there temporarily. Your words to me are confusing though so please if you would, help me understand

Unfortunately I am not a telepath. If you describe the functionality you want in details, you will probably get some advice. At the momemt it is difficult to understand what you want to get as a result.

FuriousAngels

Message # 53 | 5:56 PM
Quote (FuriousAngels)
I need to have a field be a 'selection' field, so that the user can select the map they played on via the selection list that is provided. I also need to Allow them to use a check box to select the races played... none of the provided entry fields allow for this customization. So what you are saying is uCoz does not allow for full customization and I can not create my own unique fields?
First, what I truly would like to do is have my own fields. I am trying to host a replay website and need to allow users to choose the map they played on, pick the races that were played, among other various information. So to gather this and output it, what should I do? I have tried to manipulate the already designated fields by renaming them, etc... however this is unsatisfactory for me and does not allow for the functionality which I seek. Is there a solution to my problem?

Also, I would like to have forms adjust to the category selected, example:
If a user selects 1v1 replays, he would be given the Entry Adding form to add replays, however if the user selects to upload a movie, he would be given a form designed for detailing movies.

Does uCoz allow for such customization?

I am sorry, do not mean to be so blunt. I am not to concerned with it to the extent of causing grief or dismay. I am a respectful person and do not want to tarnish anyones perception of otherwise.

The quoted text is what I tried to lay out as my vision.

Detailed-
When uploading a match replay from the game StarCraft I would like for the user to be able to select from a list the map he played on, the races(the armies played within the replay) and as well who won the match. From this I think I will be able to also display the information that was given on the entries view page.

Basically, when a user comes to my website they will see a game replay they can download that will specify not only the description of the map(from which preset fields allow) but also will see the races that were played, the map it was played one(as well as a thumbnail of the map, since this will be called dynamically upon the selected map), and if they chose to open a spoiler would see the winner of the match.

I hope this is understandable, I am also trying to promote my website in hoping to find some charitable or helpful programmer that can shine more light in to alternative approaches. Anything that the uCoz support forum is taken with much appreciation and tenderness. Pardon my concern for customization, it only brought me short temperament.

Best regards.

mehaNik

Message # 54 | 1:22 PM
Your task is not trivial. uCoz is just a flexible tool that satisfies the majority of tasks. The way you use it is fully up to you. It depends on your knowledge of the system and web technologies in general. Maybe the standard features of one of the modules will be suitable for you. Did you look them through? Maybe you may use several modules as one.

Here is the code of the example. It helps to show a part of the form of adding entries for the Ad Board module.

This example doesn't resolve your task. But it is one of the possible ways of customization. I will repeat: it is possible, that standard features of one of the modules might allow you to achieve the results. Look them through and only then try the modification of such a level.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Fields of the new entry form (Add multiple link, add another box, filters, max length..)
Search: