• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Filters (Creation and use...)
Filters
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:00 PM
Filters are an additional option which can be enabled and adjusted according to user’s needs. Consider filter values (as many as you will specify) as a sort of additional sorting. E.g. if you have catalog sections and categories, you will be able to sort entry value not only by them but by other parameters as well.
Example:
When adding an entry to the music file catalog you can specify the values: section "POP", category "English singers"; and by means of filters you can set the value of, for example, download cost "$2". A drop-down filter menu "download cost" will appear in the catalog, and it will contain the necessary price categories "$2", "$5" etc. By means of this menu your site visitors will be able to view all available files with the download cost, for example, "$2".
This is just an example, you can set any filter with any words (values), the main point is that it will sort (filter) entries.

How do I create a filter.
Let's take File Catalog as an example.
Where to find: Control Panel -> File Catalog -> Customize filters.
You can see the link "filter is inactive". Click it and you'll get to the "Activating filter" tab.
You can see the fields. Let's fill them in the following way:
Name of filter: Cost
List of filter values:
$2
$5
$10
(each value in a new line, max 100 values up to 40 characters each)
Multiple value selection: you can either put a check mark or not.
Click "Save".
You’ll get to the page with the list of values where you can see a new created filter. You can edit it anytime by means of the "wrench" icon

Now go to Control Panel -> File Catalog -> Module settings. Find "Fields of a new entry form" and you will see that a new field with the filter name has been added. Activate this filed and save. And then you will be able to see that a drop-down field with the filter name and the specified values appeared on the page for adding new entries. Now you can also select the price category when adding new files.
Then go to Control Panel -> Customize Design. Let’s put the filter on the section main page of the File Catalog. So we need "Page with section contents".
You can see that a new code appeared on the list under the template – it's $FILTER1_MENU$. All you need is to paste this code into any place you want.
If you have more than one filter the second code will be $FILTER2_MENU$.
You can create 2 filters only.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
warezparadise

Message # 2 | 10:38 AM
I want to add a filter for site news.I mean that I have created games Category And In that category I want to add Online game,Free Games,buy game.

So please tell me how can I do that??

Sunny

Message # 3 | 8:33 AM
warezparadise, Site News module doesn't have filters.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Jave

Message # 4 | 8:33 AM
Hey how can I make a filter that search for the letters a-z in my uploads?

Added (2008-08-20, 9:25 Am)
---------------------------------------------
no one can help me???

Kron_old

Message # 5 | 8:33 AM
Quote (Jave)
Hey how can I make a filter that search for the letters a-z in my uploads?

create such filter in Filters part of control panel....

after that you must activate filter field in module settings and add FILTER_MENU code to the template...

you won't do that without skills in HTML + uCoz.

Aster4722

Message # 6 | 1:54 AM
sunny,how do i use filters in the file catalog to let visitors upload things in my file catalog?
Natashko

Message # 7 | 11:22 AM
Aster4722, how are filters connected with it? Filters help visitors to find interesting entries easier. Filters are an additional feature which is not required to be used. You may delete filters in CP->Main » File Catalog » Customize filters
To allow users upload files to your File Catalog, go to CP->Users->User groups->Set permission for all groups->File Catalog->Upload files to the server when adding entries->tag the necessary groups and save. I believe this is what you are looking for.
Please, post your messages in the correct thread and use search next time.
wolf

Message # 8 | 8:03 PM
Hi, i have a problem with the appearance of the filters in 'games' module from one of my sites.
After selecting "Multiple value selection" option the filters looks like this
The scroll of the filter shoud be vertical not horizontal...it is very difficult to use it like this (one of the filters has almoust 100 values)...
In other sites that i have the same filter in the same module looks,and works ok (vertical) ...
How can this thing be adjusted?
Post edited by wolf - Thursday, 2011-03-31, 1:37 AM
Natashko

Message # 9 | 10:59 AM
wolf, please say whether you set tag value: or not. If it is set up in your Common settings - I suggest you disable it and then check the appearance of the filters.
wolf

Message # 10 | 12:38 PM
...you are right...it looks ok now..but i need that value to be set....
Post edited by wolf - Thursday, 2011-03-31, 12:41 PM
Natashko

Message # 11 | 1:22 PM
wolf,
Quote (wolf)
but i need that value to be set

Then you need to come up with the another tag value. I might suggest to try this one:
Code
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
wolf

Message # 12 | 6:20 PM
well...that was the tag that i was using....
Natashko

Message # 13 | 9:34 AM
wolf, you may try to use other tag values and find out which one will work. But I suggest you don't use this tag value at all. It doesn't effect the work of your website in any way. Or is there a specific reason you need it for?
Muşatinu

Message # 14 | 6:21 AM
Hello. I've created a filter on which you that can select multiple values​​.
Now I have to put a condition, if the value is "MOTHER" then it will display "Mother", if the value is "Sister" it will display Sister.
I've tried this way, but it didn't work.

Code
<?if($FILTER1_VALUE$="Mother")?>Mother<?endif?>
<?if($FILTER1_VALUE$="Sister")?>Sister<?endif?>

Meanwhile I've created an article and I gave it one value and it worked ..

Code
<?if($FILTER1_VALUE$="Mother")?>Mother<?endif?>

how to make the conditions to be fulfilled if a put more values
Post edited by Muşatinu - Monday, 2011-05-23, 10:19 AM
Natashko

Message # 15 | 12:42 PM
Muşatinu, the problem has to be in
Code
$FILTER1_VALUE$
It can be used on the entry page, but it can't be used at the category page.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Filters (Creation and use...)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: