uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Categories management (catalog categories and sections)
Categories management
BuyaNet

Message # 31 | 7:27 PM
Hy. I have a question about category. I want to add a threade in two category.

I have category ONE and category TWO...

Now, when i create a threade in the publisher module, i can select only one category. in my exemple, category ONE.

And then, i create another threade, where i select second category. in my exemple, category TWO.

okey. my question is: is posible to add the threade in the category ONE and TWO with one threade created? or not?

it`s very ugly to create the same threade over and over again, only to make the category...

Thanks...

Dartz

Message # 32 | 5:45 PM
Control Panel -> Publisher -> Module Settings.

Mark:
Enable capability for an entry to belong to several categories at a time.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
redpepper007

Message # 33 | 11:14 AM
Hello guys! Just a quick question - is it somehow possible to create subsections in file catalog?

This is what I mean (example)

Code
File catalog:

Wallpapers(section) - Widescreen(subsection) or 4:3(second subsection) - abstract(category) or nature(second category) or cars(third category) and so on. (both appears whether you chose Widescreen or 4:3)

Is it possible to make such structure somehow? Or do I need to use other modules for subcategories...? Or is there any other ideas how to realise that? smile

I understand, I could use only sections and categories, but that will mess everyhting up because I want to sort uploads...

thanks!

Post edited by redpepper007 - Monday, 2010-09-27, 11:14 AM
Sunny

Message # 34 | 11:19 AM
redpepper007, all uCoz modules have only categories and sections...
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
redpepper007

Message # 35 | 11:23 AM
Sunny, I understand. I thought maybe you can give some ideas how to realise that... biggrin
HeinLay

Message # 36 | 12:57 PM
You can create Tag.Please insert tag in your entry.
Eg- In tag field,insert Wallpaper,Widescreen.

Just give advice.

uCoz forever user from
redpepper007

Message # 37 | 2:39 PM
HeinLay, thanks for your idea. That would be good, but wont fit my case. You see, I have 2000++ files uploaded without or random tags, and I really dont want to edit all files...

Currently my idea is to enable AdBoard, change its design so that it looks exactly like Load, then on Load main page create hyperlinks - one linkin to load sections, the other one to adboard sections tongue Kinda clever, I guess happy

Fallen-Star2916

Message # 38 | 12:11 PM
Okay so I saw this one website has Section Categories listed on their home page and I can't figure out how to get it on mine. I have looked at everything. It is listed under site menu in editing templates but it doesn't show up anywhere on my website. What is going on???? The code looks fine and its not listed under active or inactive
Bloodyboy450

Message # 39 | 0:59 AM
Hello Fallen-Star2916,

You must create Categories before they show up. To do this, go to:

"Control Panel > Site News > Categories management > New Category"

Than, after you have created a Category, it will show on your main page.

Hope that helps.

-- Mark

Fallen-Star2916

Message # 40 | 6:28 AM
Thanks I tried that though and nothing showed up on the home page. I figured it out several hours ago but thanks for the help.
Sunny

Message # 41 | 1:06 PM
Fallen-Star2916, have you created categories in Control Panel first? What module are you speaking about?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 42 | 7:58 AM
I have a question which is the code to put in categories to show number of entries happy

Attachments: 2176248.png (1.0 Kb)

This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 43 | 7:57 PM
Natashko, i create a category menu and i want to show number of entrys in that menu smile
Attachments: 1471452.png (8.0 Kb)

Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Post edited by adytzu1_vl01 - Tuesday, 2010-11-16, 7:58 PM
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 44 | 6:22 PM
Natashko, if i use that code i will have a diferit design menu dry

Added (2010-11-22, 12:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Natashko, it's another solution for this or not sad

Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Loz

Message # 45 | 2:15 AM
Within the main page of modules such as Ad Board, File Catalog etc. the section/category list is simply output by use of the variable $CATEGORY$ . I know the module setting are taken into account such as:-

Number of columns in the categories menu: 1234
Show number of contained entries near the category name:
Show section description under its name in the menu:
Show category description under its name in the menu:

But i'd like to be able to customise this output even further.

i.e. I have 18 sections split into 3 columns - after the first nine sections, i'd like to put a break or a line to seperate them
Additionally if the category id = 'nn' i'd like to put a small image rather than the category name.

I'm not sure if it's possible - i've looked and cant find the code anywhere so I assume not - but if it is then please tell me.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Categories management (catalog categories and sections)
Search: