• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Uploading of files to File Catalog
Uploading of files to File Catalog
Hampe_T42

Message # 1 | 4:30 PM
Hi!

I did not find any thread of this kind in the File Catalog section.

So is it possible to set a higher uploading limit than: 15000 kb on the new entry feature in the file catalog. I mean, can I put a higher limit, so that me and my users can upload files larger than 15000 kb to the ucoz server. I would like it to be up to: 50 000 kb.

I know that I can use a remote server. But I would like to do that only for larger files than 50 000 kb.

Thank you in advance.

Post edited by Hampe_T42 - Thursday, 2009-10-22, 4:30 PM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 8:49 AM
If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb

http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-2523-1

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
UfX

Message # 3 | 8:49 AM
I know how to upload files via ftp to my domain subdirectories.
How do I get such a file into my file catalog?
Any help appreciated.
Tried for the last half hour at least to answer this - gone through every menu, FAQ; searched forum, above average I.Q.

Also, Where are file catalog files stored (in the html for the page there's a variable $FILE_URL$ in the anchor tag for the download button. I assume that's defined dynamically and can't be accessed previously.

Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:49 AM
UfX, you can't upload a file via FTP directly to your file catalog. You should first upload the file, then copy it's link from the File Manager and paste it in the corresponding field of the entry addition form.
UfX

Message # 5 | 8:49 AM
Sunny, thanks.

I paste it into the "File Archive" box? I tried that previously: "http//www.mydomain/xxx.yyy..."
The "editing entry..." box with the animated icon then comes up, but never goes away. I eventually have to hit cancel (even with
a very small test file in one of my domain subirectories.)
Great picture, BTW (Is that you?)

Added (2009-01-29, 7:52 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I just tried pasting the link into the box labelled "Link for archive downloading from another server", and there it worked - but then its labelled "Download from Mirror" in the file catalog.

Sunny

Message # 6 | 8:49 AM
"File Archive" box is for uploading a file. But since you have already uploaded your files via FTP you don't need it.

So you are right, you can use "Link for archive downloading from another server" (or any other field you don't need) and you can rename it to whatever you want in Customize Design section.

Great picture, BTW (Is that you?)

No biggrin but thanks

chicunsu

Message # 7 | 8:50 AM
It's kind of annoying will uploading a file in the file catalog when you have no idea how far it's come or how much time's left before it's completed.....
Is it any way to see this?
If not, take this as a suggestion to show this in the window while uploading...
Sunny

Message # 8 | 8:50 AM
chicunsu, if you want to see the progress upload files via FTP (you can first upload a file to the File Manager via FTP and then just enter the link to this file into the corresponding field).
FrEEzE

Message # 9 | 8:50 AM
This is the first time i noticed this issue:
If the users are uploading files (in my case: Mods) using "add entry" option, the files are not shown in File Manager.
You CAN download them... there is no problem with that, but they are not in the file manager... So, where are they going to?
Me and my team are trying to make some order with the files, and that's stopping us.

P.S. - I do have a folder names "Mods" in the file manager, but it's something I made, and you can only upload to there directly trough the file manager window.

Sunny

Message # 10 | 8:50 AM
FrEEzE, files, uploaded using "Add new entry" option are saved to a separate database which is not accessible for you.
nunutu29

Message # 11 | 8:50 AM
how can I add 2 of "link of mirror " ???

Attachments: 9427005.png (23.3 Kb)

www.nunutu29.do.am
Sunny

Message # 12 | 8:50 AM
nunutu29, try to rename and use one of other fields for this purpose.
AlexO

Message # 13 | 11:55 PM
how do i put folders in the file catalog for people to download
Sunny

Message # 14 | 9:39 AM
AlexO, archive folders and then add a folder as a single file.
Mike6386

Message # 15 | 2:25 AM
I want to add files to a folder in the catalog, but can;t find access to the folder thru CuteFTP and as there are 50 files, I really don't want to do this on a 1 by one basis. Can you give me instructions on how this can be done, if it can be smile

Thanks

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Uploading of files to File Catalog
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: