• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Is there any other way to sort the pictures?
Is there any other way to sort the pictures?
Oddball2077

Message # 1 | 11:02 AM
I'm having alot of trouble getting the pictures in the right order in the photo album module. I tried adding a custom field, and doing the "User Sorting", but nothing seems to be doing anything except for the name. I really don't want to stick numbers at the start of every picture, but there are so many coding places, I'm not even sure where to begin trying to input something to sort it. Can anyone help? I'm so tired, I'm losing focus, lol.
Sunny

Message # 2 | 12:00 PM
Oddball2077, provide the link to your Photo Albums.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Oddball2077

Message # 3 | 12:13 PM
http://richlandabate.ucoz.com/photo/2013_down_rider_fundraiser/down_rider_fundraiser/3

I have many other photos that I'd like to put up in order by location, but I thought I'd try to get those sorted out first, lol.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 1:47 PM
Oddball2077, this category is not available for Guests and Users, I can't see it.
Raver

Message # 5 | 3:30 PM
Oddball2077, in order to help you, you need to allow Guests and Users to see the pictures and after, investigate the issue for you. To do this, go to: Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permissions, Select either groups, go to Photo Albums and thick off the View photos box: http://screencast.com/t/Hyn4ZeKT (Screenshot).
Oddball2077

Message # 6 | 2:23 AM
Sorry about that. Too many places to set permissions, lol. Raver, I changed your group to member, and I'm getting ready to switch all the guest permissions around.
Post edited by Oddball2077 - Saturday, 2013-05-18, 2:30 AM
Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:25 AM
Oddball2077, that's good that you changed the group for Raver, but it would be better if all forum staff could see your Photo Albums. You would get help faster smile
Oddball2077

Message # 8 | 11:50 AM
Sorry.. We've had some house problems..

I did find this thread.. It sounds similar to what I'm having trouble with:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/13-14093-1

I can't seem to utilize the "User Sorting" option, either, nor does it allow me to sort via custom field entry under "Fields for Adding Photos". I think I got the settings changed so it can be viewed now.

I have also tried changing the names of the modules, like "Photo Album" to "Our Pictures", but have never seen any change. Can this be done by a free account? I have also tried to modify the 'Rules of User Registration' and the Registration form, but again, see no change. All this time away, and I forget things, lol.

Edit: Aaah. Found the answers to those last two questions, lol. smile
Post edited by Oddball2077 - Tuesday, 2013-06-04, 12:07 PM
Sunny

Message # 9 | 1:40 PM
Oddball2077, enable the option Display menu for sorting photos: in the module settings ad select the necessary parameters.
Oddball2077

Message # 10 | 11:02 PM
Is it possible to add another field to the sorting menu?
Sunny

Message # 11 | 9:26 AM
Oddball2077, I'm afraid no.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Is there any other way to sort the pictures?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: