• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Too few characters allowed in the title
Too few characters allowed in the title
Mar1aN

Message # 1 | 11:35 PM
What's the logic for limiting the title name at just 50 characters, in photo module? wacko
It's annoying!

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 3:37 AM
Mar1aN, fields are primarily limited as a function to preserve space within a database - the longer a field max value the more space it will be allocated within the DB. As I see it for most applications 50 characters is more than enough so this is why. What would be the point of having a field taking up 4 times the amount of space when its not necessary. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Mar1aN

Message # 3 | 1:36 PM
Quote Paradox ()
What would be the point of having a field taking up 4 times the amount of space when its not necessary.

"Not necessary"? So here's the logic.
The other CMS must be pretty dumb to not limit the title at 50 characters.
This topic should be hidden so they don't steal this secret. surprised

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 1:58 PM
Quote Paradox ()
As I see it for most applications 50 characters is more than enough so this is why. What would be the point of having a field taking up 4 times the amount of space when its not necessary.

The last two lines related to each other, I apologise if my phrasing was not succinctly interpretable.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Mar1aN

Message # 5 | 10:56 PM
The title is very important, and i think the characters limitation should increase.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Too few characters allowed in the title
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: