• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Photo Album - Categories on Main page
Photo Album - Categories on Main page
demonfoxpain

Message # 1 | 3:40 PM
Hello,

I purchased the template http://ucoztemplates.com/shop/161/desc/flat. I would like to display the categories list in the home page of photo albums instead of all the images. From there clicking on the Categories should display all the images.

Photo Albums - Display all the categories.
Clicking on the categories should take you to a page with all the photos related to that.

Could you please help me do it?

Site - demonfox-pain.do.am
SanTLee

Message # 2 | 7:34 PM
Hi demonfoxpain

Photo module not activated in your site.

In Original template it's there.

In left bar list of Section categories "Display all the categories"

When you Clicking on the categories will take you to a page with all the photos related to that.

<?if(you_have)?> a <head>and<?if(you_have)?> a <body> you have to have
<div id="idea" class="extreme" > to be inventive </div><?endif?><?endif?>
amoralis

Message # 3 | 9:35 PM
Hi,

I have a similar question.
My plan is to create albums for different people and these albums should all be in gallery - main photo and smaller other pics.
How do I configure it?

Thanks.
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 11:27 PM
amoralis, I'm not sure but that wouldn't be possible without customizing a script.
1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Wednesday, 2017-05-10, 1:31 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 0:40 AM
amoralis, this is possible, however requires large amounts of custom coding, and template management (for want of a better word). I did something similar to personal profile galleries a few years back as an exercise, however, don't have the code anymore. If you decide to jump in and make one I'd love to hear about it. )

Just a quick note on forum stuff; could you please create a new thread next time? This doesn't really fit into this threads topic.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 1:28 AM
Paradox, Is this what you mean?

Attachments: 4746252.png (157.0 Kb) · 6953568.png (51.3 Kb)

1F4BF3B
amoralis

Message # 7 | 0:37 AM
Thank you all for replies.
I want to create a gallery for several photographers - each should have own album with preview.
Sounds quite basic, odd that it's missing on ucoz - each web constructor is offering (weebly, wix etc)
Normally it's a type of album to create - one main pic and several smaller on side or below.
What does it cost to customize the script?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 8 | 6:33 AM
amoralis, just replying to your latest message uCoz has a lot of features, unfortunately a lot of them were created before the real advent of Wix/Squarespace/Weebly so the service didn't jump on the bandwagon of drag & drop modules.

There's no cost to customise your website's template on the uCoz end - the catch, however, being you'll need to do it yourself, or hire someone to do it for you.

--

In relation to what you're asking, however, if all you need to create is a category for each photographer (so effectively a separate "album") then you should be able to do that without too much effort. I'd recommend you experiment with the existing category features, and see if they suit your needs as far as dividing up images per photographer. You can then customise the templates/settings as necessary to bring about the look you're wanting.

Initially I was imagining you wanted separate "user galleries", but if this isn't the case, then the existing features should work fine.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
amoralis

Message # 9 | 9:51 PM
Thank you @paradox, I tried it - it shows all pics at once, all categories are on side panel. I didn't find a way to separate it on the page itself.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 10 | 5:11 PM
amoralis, you can always copy the link of a category and paste it anywhere you want on the page (e.g.: the main menu - using the Site menu builder, or any other template from the Design customization page). For the latter, the following code will be useful:
Code
<a href="CATEGORY URL">LINK TEXT</a>

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Photo Album - Categories on Main page
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: