• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » How to protect photos from copying.Watermark (right click block and other solutions)
How to protect photos from copying.Watermark
Sunny

Message # 16 | 9:02 AM
xoxoDiana, you can get some info from here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-2148-1 You will be able to protect photos from inexperienced users, but I agree with Dartz: any advanced user will be able to bypass the tricks.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
xoxoDiana

Message # 17 | 12:49 PM
thx sunny that's verry helpfull and hey dartz you can copy pictures from ex hi5 and if yes can you please tell me how :d
tonio

Message # 18 | 10:14 AM
In this way, but I'll keep an original copy of the photo on the PC and one for the site!
Duplicate ...
It would be nice not to allow downloading!

There is a valid method?

Sunny

Message # 19 | 8:31 AM
tonio, I am afraid it is hardly possible to protect images from advanced users. You can put watermark on your photos, so that even if they are downloaded they will have your name or website URL on them. You can also forbid users to view photos in real size in CP -> Users -> User groups.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
javcky

Message # 20 | 8:31 AM
Wasn't sure where exactly to put this, but here goes..

2 questions

1) Do I still retain all rights to any and all images I upload on my site? (this question if for Ucoz since he is the founder/owner)

2) The watermarking feature under the "Common Settings" tab in the Control Panel does not seem to be working for me. I do understand that it specifically states that it only applies to .jpg formatted pictures only, but even my jpegs aren't watermarked.

Any ideas?

--- Update ---

Ok i found out that it does watermark the images but the water mark is small and tucked away in the bottom right hand corner. Is there anyway to modify this or do I need to add my own watermarks from now on?

Post edited by javcky - Thursday, 2008-06-05, 4:18 AM
Kron_old

Message # 21 | 8:31 AM
Quote (javcky)
) Do I still retain all rights to any and all images I upload on my site? (this question if for Ucoz since he is the founder/owner)

you are the owner of all your content (including and images). uCoz just gives you the possibilities for fast and handly placing your content in the web.
Quote (javcky)
Is there anyway to modify this or do I need to add my own watermarks from now on?

no, but watermark is not small, I think you must click on the image to see that one in full mode...
javcky

Message # 22 | 8:31 AM
Ok, thank you for the info!
Nate1513

Message # 23 | 8:31 AM
I CAN`T FIND ANY OPTION WHICH IS WATERMARK . WHERE CAN I FIND IT ??
Natashko

Message # 24 | 8:32 AM
Nate1513, CP > Admin bar> Setting > common settings > Select Overlay uploaded images with the text (watermark):
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » How to protect photos from copying.Watermark (right click block and other solutions)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: