• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Site News module settings
Site News module settings
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:44 PM
Each system module has flexible settings that help to make your website unique and unusual. You can get to module settings via Control panel->Main->Site News->Module settings
Site news can be displayed in any other page of any other module. However Site News module doesn't have its own main page.

If you check the box “News section takes part in uCoz Content Sections TOP and Rating:“ - your news will participate in Catalogs rating.

You can also select the number of entries on the main page, in category and archive view, in TOPs and in RSS feed. It means that the page switcher will appear automatically, when the selected number of entries are exceeded.
Next option is a “Page switcher”. We would like to warn you that if the number of entries to be displayed on the main page and in the archive view is not the same, some news might be missing(or doubled), when switching from the first page. Select different numbers of entries only if it is really necessary.
We suggest not to change default settings till you learn the system well enough to be sure of your actions.

Fields of a new entry form

There are two checkboxes here. If you check the left box – this field will appear in a new entry form. And if you check the right box – this field will become mandatory. Default field names can be changed in “Substitution of default phrase” section.

Fields sorting

Sorting allows to arrange fields of the "Add New Entry" form in any desired order. Fields can be managed via three button at the bottom of the box.
Up to 20 images may be uploaded from your computer and then attached to the entry.
You may set the maximum dimensions of an image as well as its size to avoid messing with your design, if you allow users to add entries.

Module fine settings

We suggest you use them only after you learn the system good enough to be sure of your actions.
If you check the box “"Always on top" option functions in categories only”, it will not work for the Main page, even if you enable "Always on top" feature.

Permissions of user groups

They allow to check permission of user groups for this module. Permissions of user groups can be changed in "User groups" section.

Do not forget to click “Save” when you are done changing the settings.
Attachments: 0599860.png (18.7 Kb) · 2599223.png (17.0 Kb) · 9952947.png (31.1 Kb) · 3994159.png (17.6 Kb)
MysticDragon

Message # 2 | 3:44 PM
My problem is guests can't see the videos I uploaded in news entries although i enabled the option for guests to read and rate the entries.
Why?

Dynamike

Message # 3 | 3:44 PM
Hello how can i divide the contests in site news to pages like in this picture. Plz Help
Attachments: 6087947.png (253.0 Kb)
Animorph

Message # 4 | 3:44 PM
MysticDragon, hello would you please provide me your website url so i can see the problem in action
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Animorph

Message # 5 | 3:44 PM
Dynamike, Please be more specific , these are just random entry's with page selectors under it ,
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 6 | 3:44 PM
MysticDragon, provide a screenshot of your group permission if possible.
Natashko

Message # 7 | 3:44 PM
Dynamike,
Quote (Dynamike)
Hello how can i divide the contests in site news to pages like in this picture. Plz Help

If you meant the page switcher at the bottom of the page - it appears automatically after the number of posts per page exceeds the number you have set up in CP->module (Site news)->Module settings->Number of entries on the main page:/Number of entries per page in category view:/Number of entries per page in archive view:
MysticDragon

Message # 8 | 3:45 PM
Quote (Animorph)
MysticDragon, hello would you please provide me your website url so i can see the problem in action

Its in my sig-
www.mysticdragon.ucoz.com

Quote (Natashko)
MysticDragon, provide a screenshot of your group permission if possible.

yep ill post a screenshot.

And yeah i also noticed that not only guests but even users can't see news entries..

Post edited by MysticDragon - Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 11:10 AM
Dynamike

Message # 9 | 3:45 PM
thank you guys, but natashko, even i set the entry limits like you said, the page switchers in main page dont appear. what to do.
Natashko

Message # 10 | 3:45 PM
Natashko, I have checked you website as Guest and User. I was able to see the video on your main page (Kakashi and Sasuke VS Kisame (Sprite Animation) by Mugen_Boy)
By all appearances the problem is at your end. Try to use another browser or update the current one. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser
Natashko

Message # 11 | 3:45 PM
Dynamike, make sure you have set "Number of entries on the main page:" and "Number of entries per page in archive view:" in CP->Site news->Module settings. In this way page switcher will appear on Main page as well (and not only in the module itself)
skrillex_

Message # 12 | 8:31 AM
Hi.
I have a problem with the News Entry , when I post a News Entry , it doesn`t appear on the Home/Main Page , why ?

Here is the site:
http://nwa-clan.ucoz.ro/

I don`t have Enable "Always on top" feature .
Natashko

Message # 13 | 9:20 AM
skrillex_, to make your news appear on the Home page, make sure that this page has the code:
Code
<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add New Entry</a><?endif?>$LAST_NEWS$

in it. Keep in mind that now there are no news added in your Site News module.
skrillex_

Message # 14 | 10:23 AM
Ok , thanks !
Raju1

Message # 15 | 5:12 PM
could you explain how to active / inactive a site news post in my admin account.
thanks
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Site News module settings
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: