• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Too many rubbish/spam Comments (Spam comments)
Too many rubbish/spam Comments
Ally7683

Message # 1 | 12:29 PM
Can someone please tell me how to stop thew spam comments. I I.P block 12-15 per day and still they come. Any suggestions? angry
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 3:14 PM
Are the spam comments by users? Also, You can change the type of the captcha into more complex in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Good

Message # 3 | 12:18 PM
Quote (Ally7683)
Can someone please tell me how to stop thew spam comments. I I.P block 12-15 per day and still they come. Any suggestions?

Hello Ally7683,

If your site is spammed by submitting URL, you can block it by URL blocking in Admin Bar >> Control >> URL blocking. Please refer to below screenshot for details.

You can also block any word you like or any content by URL blocking.
Attachments: 8180772.jpg (30.9 Kb)
Daniel8838

Message # 4 | 3:44 AM
I found an easier way that i have. Simply go to user permissions and make sure guests can't posts comments/replies. Also make sure lower members like newbies need to have posts moderated. Should work fine
darkion

Message # 5 | 8:10 PM
Enable comment moderation, as this will give you the ability to active the comment or delete it before it appears on the website.
I've used it for a while and now spammers have gone biggrin

karenwirkan

Message # 6 | 11:49 AM
My site, https://www.summer-glau.com, is getting hit with a lot of comment spam IN RUSSIAN. Thank you uCoz.

I have enabled comment moderation for guests and delete the comments before they appear. I also regularly block IP's but it's tiring and they keep coming.

Any suggestions?
Gromov

Message # 7 | 7:00 AM
karenwirkan, we can suggest you use recaptcha option: https://blog.ucoz.com/recaptcha
lanh

Message # 8 | 8:37 AM
This is also a good way.

Quote Daniel8838 ()
I found an easier way that i have. Simply go to user permissions and make sure guests can't posts comments/replies. Also make sure lower members like newbies need to have posts moderated. Should work fine

Gromov

Message # 9 | 11:03 AM
yep, that's also a solution biggrin

thanks lanh
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Too many rubbish/spam Comments (Spam comments)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: