• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Internet Explorer not displaying full blog page (First blogs and footer don't show)
Internet Explorer not displaying full blog page
Action

Message # 1 | 8:08 AM
In Internet Explorer (2 different computers, both using IE9) when I scroll to the end of the blog, it is not the end of the page! The earliest blog posts and the footer are simply not there. All other pages (shorter) are ok. Because the blogs are a timeline of developing a specific area, it's important visitors be able to see the earliest posts.

Firefox and Chrome display all blog posts, and the footer.

Site link: http://bodyhouseclean.ucoz.com/blog

I have googled to try to find a solution, but couldn't find anyone with my specific issue. Ones that were similar, the suggested 'fix' didn't apply to me e.g. remove overflow settings in css specifications for body and html, but I don't have overflow specified.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by Action - Friday, 2013-08-16, 8:13 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 12:32 PM
Action, could you provide a screenshot please? In IE10 your website is fine.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Action

Message # 3 | 7:25 AM
It's only the blog that has display issues. I have attached a pdf with screenshots in IE9 and Chrome. Firefox is same as Chrome
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:40 AM
Action, there are no images attached to your post. Please try again.
Action

Message # 5 | 4:16 AM
Oh dear. Hopefully it will work this time. I have attached as two jpg files using the attach file (browse etc button) below the text area. One jpg is the end of the page in IE9 (cuts off earliest 3 posts and the footer) and the other is the true end of the page in Chrome, which is also how it looks in Firefox.
Attachments: 1857709.jpg (248.5 Kb) · 3686017.jpg (225.3 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:10 AM
Action, the problem is in the following entry: http://bodyhouseclean.ucoz.com/blog/such_a_valuable_book/2013-04-20-4 To be more precise - in its brief version: the tags are being cut off, which leaves opened but not closed tags in the brief version. I suggest that you use the code $CUT$ to separate entry brief version from its full text: http://screencast.com/t/YApzge8K You can put the code wherever you need, and therefore control the tags being cut.
Action

Message # 7 | 8:49 AM
Thanks so much for your help!! biggrin That post is extremely short, but when I went into the html to ensure the $CUT$ really would be after a closing tag I discovered that for some reason there was a massive amount of superfluous html code after my final word. REAL browsers were smart enough to ignore it all - but maybe it was conditional formatting for IE!!! I didn't bother analysing it but it included all kinds of font styles and spans and the closing tag was <end if>. I am very familiar with using wysiwyg editors and there was no formatting whatsoever applied to my text. Very weird. Removing all that code solved my problem and I never would have thought to check that!

Here's another indication of how brainless IE really is... next error I noticed was my footer-left image wasn't displaying (again, no problem in FF or Chrome). Pasting the code here to see if you might find some error I noticed it was missing a space between the ) after the image url and the next word. Added the space and IE is now able to understand it!!!

This topic is resolved. Thanks again!
PixelKhaos

Message # 8 | 9:20 AM
Action, if you used the visual editor to publish/edit the posts I suggest you do not. The editor adds these "extra codes" by itself, so it is better to use pure html, or bbcodes if you don't got knowledge of html.

Another thing to note is that the formatting you might've used when adding the entry, will be re-formatted to a compact bit of code and text, due to the editor not saving things like linebreaks.

Internet Explorer works somewhat okay with uCoz sites if you use a newer version, although it's still not great.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Internet Explorer not displaying full blog page (First blogs and footer don't show)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: