• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
Ed05

Message # 1 | 10:11 PM
I have problem with <!DOCTYPE html>. I want to use some js code for private messages to show them in ajax window but i cant cause with <!DOCTYPE html> that js code displays ajax window in bottom of the page instead in midle. When i remove <!DOCTYPE html> everything works fine with ajax but the website is falling apart. I saw some websites on ucoz that use that open layer js code for ajax and they dont have <!DOCTYPE html> in begining of html code.
!
Good

Message # 2 | 3:30 AM
Login ACP > Commont Setting > Find <!DOCTYPE> tag value > Remove the code.
Ed05

Message # 3 | 3:44 AM
Good, i know how to remove but i cant do that cause it affect bad on design smile
!
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 2:35 AM
Ed05, <!DOCTYPE> is a code declaration that instructs web browsers on what semantic library to use or not use. <!DOCTYPE html> tells browsers that you are running HTML5. There are others for HTML4.01 Transitional, etc.

If your popups are moving when you declare a HTML5 doctype it generally means you need to address an issue of inefficient code when looking in terms of HTML5 semantics.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Ed05

Message # 5 | 2:41 AM
Paradox,ok,i understand that, i will find solution my self . I need pm in ajax.
Updated: I found a new solution for pm in ajax.So doctype wont be a problem any more .Tnx for answer. cool

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2014-11-11, 4:09 AM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: