• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
Ed05

Message # 1 | 10:11 PM
I have problem with <!DOCTYPE html>. I want to use some js code for private messages to show them in ajax window but i cant cause with <!DOCTYPE html> that js code displays ajax window in bottom of the page instead in midle. When i remove <!DOCTYPE html> everything works fine with ajax but the website is falling apart. I saw some websites on ucoz that use that open layer js code for ajax and they dont have <!DOCTYPE html> in begining of html code.
!
Good

Message # 2 | 3:30 AM
Login ACP > Commont Setting > Find <!DOCTYPE> tag value > Remove the code.
Ed05

Message # 3 | 3:44 AM
Good, i know how to remove but i cant do that cause it affect bad on design smile
!
Paradox

Message # 4 | 2:35 AM
Ed05, <!DOCTYPE> is a code declaration that instructs web browsers on what semantic library to use or not use. <!DOCTYPE html> tells browsers that you are running HTML5. There are others for HTML4.01 Transitional, etc.

If your popups are moving when you declare a HTML5 doctype it generally means you need to address an issue of inefficient code when looking in terms of HTML5 semantics.

Web Applications Developer
Been here for 8 years and counting.
Visit me at alexmoloney.me.
Ed05

Message # 5 | 2:41 AM
Paradox,ok,i understand that, i will find solution my self . I need pm in ajax.
Updated: I found a new solution for pm in ajax.So doctype wont be a problem any more .Tnx for answer. cool

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2014-11-11, 4:09 AM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » How to remove <!DOCTYPE html>
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: