• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Tips for Promoting Site?
Tips for Promoting Site?
ERP

Message # 1 | 6:41 PM
My site is http://scio.at.ua. Some of you might remember it. I know, I have a default layout, but I think I can make it work. I tried to make my own, but it was tacky. Yes, I stink at designing. Anyway, I have submitted the site to search engines and whatnot, but I want to know if there is anything else I can do for free. How long does it take for the search engines to pick up my site after I have submitted it? Btw, I have also tried Digg.com. No results.

In your opinion, is my site worth promoting, or should I scrap it?

Visit scio.at.ua! We are currently under construction but looking for suggestions/comments.
Pilot

Message # 2 | 6:53 PM
Any site is worth promoting, as long as you keep adding content to the website (aka - update it), so visitors may feel the need to come back again and again, instead of just checking the site once and never coming back.

If you're not good at coding/designing your own theme, you can always just modify the current theme you have, making an appealing logo, possibly edit some images around the site (whether through CSS or using Quick Replacement), making it more unique and different from other sites.

If you submitted your website to the search engines I listed on the topic, that's stickied on this board, then you probably noticed the note I made, saying, not to expect tons of visitors and hits suddenly. It takes time for the search engines to recognize your website and also for internet users to find it. wink
You have to be patient.

To attract more users, you can also organize events on your website, that would fit the subject the site itself is about.
Also, you can submit your website to web directories, which should also get you a few more hits and possibly members.

There are quite a lot of tutorials on successful website promotion on google, I'd suggest you check some of them, if you haven't yet. smile
For now, that's all I can recommend you. smile

ERP

Message # 3 | 7:07 PM
Thanks. I did make a logo for the site which matches the layout, which really makes it well put-together in my opinion. I don't know. But thanks for the advice.

I get what you're saying about any site being worth promoting if you update it a lot. But seriously, if you have a site all about... blueberry muffins, it won't get much traffic, even if you update it everyday with content about blueberry muffins. That's why I want to know if my site is worth trying to promote.

Visit scio.at.ua! We are currently under construction but looking for suggestions/comments.
Pilot

Message # 4 | 7:13 PM
heh, well, I'm sure there might be people interested in blueberry muffins.

More on topic though: I see that your website is about science, so yeah - I think it's definitely worth adding content to it! Video tutorials and show offs, educating articles and discussions on the forum would be just what you need! Maybe not just anyone will be interested in that kind of stuff, but I'm sure there are people who are looking exactly for those things.

I'd recommend you to gather up some friends, who share the same interests as you, and manage the site together, adding content - so it isn't just you alone doing all the work.
But over-all, I see no reason why your site wouldn't be worth for adding more content/updating. smile

ERP

Message # 5 | 7:15 PM
Thanks. I know that there are a lot of really popular science forums out there, and I think if I could tap into that group of people I would be golden. I'm just not sure about how I can reach them. But thanks for all the help! I'll wait for the search engines to kick in, maybe I'll have luck then. Thanks again.
naqashm6

Message # 6 | 2:47 PM
How To Promote My Site When I Command to promote site The Server told me to "Fill it with content" What is this and how to fill it with content?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 7 | 7:59 PM
naqashm6, it means that you haven't uploaded enough content to the content modules (publisher, file catalog, etc. - whatever modules you use) of your site. The same message is displayed when you don't replace the default texts in the templates. If you provide the URL address of your site, we could provide more information.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
naqashm6

Message # 8 | 4:23 PM
My Website address is http://macblogspot.at.ua and I think I have added a much content to my site please guide me
khen

Message # 9 | 1:48 AM
Put a Facebook Like or Share button or any social media sharer on your website and on each pages on your site. The first thing to promote it is to share your site to your friends thru Facebook. Everytime you write a content, share it to others so that they may like or share it to other people also. The more number of likes and shares of your webpages the more it will help you rank those webpages to the top of search engines (e.g. Google).
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Tips for Promoting Site?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: