uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » General Discussion (Current Topic: General)
General Discussion
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 1 | 1:19 PM
Feel free to discuss any general non-related topics in this thread. From time to time a topic may be set to generate discussion but otherwise please feel free to communicate with our forum community! smile

• Please aim to keep the discussion intellectual
  • Minimal usage of small images is permitted
  • Do not use this thread as a noticeboard
  • Staff reserve the right to end discussion on topics

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 406 | 8:38 PM
Alexander4583, there isn't any official place like this, but you could try here, on our forum.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 407 | 11:25 PM
Xayaan, you really optimized the speed of your website sir. I hope that I can make that kind. cheers...... By the way the kuro of eriko all I can say is very great it is like a google plus.
1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Wednesday, 2015-11-18, 11:30 PM
uCozzer

Message # 408 | 10:04 PM
Alexander4583, yes you can. You may submit your work in ucoztemplate.com or sell it on your own using E-shop module.

i'm not talking about site' template. i want to sell the whole site with traffic.
bighyena

Message # 409 | 5:03 PM
uCozzer, you can try to make a thread about this in the same section where this thread is located.
Believe in the magic of friendship - October 6, 2017
Cyberdasm

Message # 410 | 6:25 AM
bigblog, what is the purpose of SSL? practically.
1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 411 | 1:09 PM
Cyberdasm, you can find more informations about SSL here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

I personally don't like it, because it slows down a website, sometimes. Not each time, though.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 412 | 3:59 AM
Cyberdasm, bigblog, SSL is a security feature that can be implement in the Transport Layer to secure the connection between two nodes on a network. It essentially mitigates the possibility of a man-in-the-middle attack by encrypting the information sent between the two machines.

From my experience, I would strongly recommend SSL when you're handling sensitive data such as usernames, passwords, payment details, or personal information. It obviously depends on how high a threat you would see man in the middle attacks, and how much trust your users need to have placed in your website.

SSL is a common security feature, and as far as I am aware, doesn't often impact overall website performance if implemented correctly, that is, using HTTPS connection for the relevant scripts, and HTTP for the rest. Obviously it would be most effective when implemented site-wide, but there are cases where it is not. Server performance when using SSL can also depend on your server configuration.

Hope this cleared a few things up. smile

Cyberdasm

Message # 413 | 4:48 AM
Thanks alot Sir Paradox. By the way does ucoz server support ssl?
I think there was an unusual flow of traffic of my website yesterday. www.lizeal.tk (this website) It goes straight in 200 host just in one day with 355 hits? I doubt there was somebody who are attacking my site. Is that possible? (I changed it to www.algae.gq) for the meantime.

1F4BF3B
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 414 | 9:12 AM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
By the way does ucoz server support ssl?

At the current moment uCoz website do not support the addition of SSL certificates.

Quote Cyberdasm ()
I think there was an unusual flow of traffic of my website yesterday. www.lizeal.tk (this website) It goes straight in 200 host just in one day with 355 hits? I doubt there was somebody who are attacking my site. Is that possible? (I changed it to www.algae.gq) for the meantime.

What you'll find is a bot or series of bots are using your website as a referral bouncer. It's not unusual for this to happen and most website that use Google Analytics have to remove such referral sources form their analytics. Unfortunately with the uCoz analytics we're unable to do this. This is nothing that impacts your site performance or is an attack on your website. wink

Cyberdasm

Message # 415 | 12:36 PM
Paradox, thank you sir.

May I ask if this kind of content layout can be use in ucoz cms?
http://tgp.com.ph/blog/

1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 416 | 4:38 PM
Cyberdasm, you can use any layout.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 417 | 11:21 PM
bigblog, How can I make two columns post in publisher module?
In my example above that is a tri-column post.

1F4BF3B
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 418 | 3:33 AM
Cyberdasm, are you wanting to create a two column listing? Or are you wanting to create a two column post?

Either way - to keep things simple I would recommend something such as Foundation to help you achieve this. It keeps the markup simple and straightforward, and saves you having to reinvent the wheel another time around. I use it as a base framework for all my projects. :)

If you need help feel free to post here and I'll try and remember to check in every couple of days.

Sunny

Message # 419 | 1:17 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
bigblog, How can I make two columns post in publisher module?

To place posts in a module in two columns, you can use the following code in the "Appearance of entries" template:

Code
<div style="float:left;width:50%;height:250px;overflow:hidden;">
<!--Start(Appearance of entries)-->
              Here goes the full code of the template.....
<!--End(Appearance of entries)-->
</div>

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 420 | 7:09 AM
Cyberdasm, in addition to the above, be sure to add
Code
<div style="clear:both;"></div>

after $BODY$ in the home page of the module.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » General Discussion (Current Topic: General)
Search: