Your servers failed again. Is it going to be like this all the time

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://spireluz.ucoz.com/panel

The following error was encountered:

Connection to 213.174.157.140 Failed

The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

I have this problem from 2 computers and 2 different broadband providers. IT IS YOUR SERVER

Also, these fail:

www.spireluz.com
www.fortificase.com
Fred2625

Message # 2 | 10:52 AM
again!
Attachments: 0229766.jpg (15.2 Kb)
Xayaan

Message # 3 | 11:00 AM
Quote Fred2625 ()
http://spireluz.ucoz.com/panel
http://fortificase.ucoz.com/panel

Your servers failed again. Is it going to be like this all the time

Fred2625, Both the links mentioned above works flawlessly from India. I've also tested your links from US, Sweden, Germany and UK. Their response rate is great and works perfectly. I've tried refreshing a couple of times to see if the error occurs, but it doesn't. I highly suspect it's from your end. Is any of your broadband providers Comcast? Can you please mention the names of the 2 broadband providers you are using.

Quote Fred2625 ()
Also, these fail:

www.spireluz.com
www.fortificase.com

The domains mentioned above are being currently attached and they will be available within an hour maximum.

Best regards.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Post edited by Xayaan - Saturday, 2015-03-14, 11:10 AM
Fred2625

Message # 4 | 11:35 AM
Plusnet landline and 3 mobile

And the websites are failing right now

I am not so concerned that my websites are accessible in India

No other websites fail with these providers. This is no coincidence. IT is your server
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 11:41 AM
Fred2625, if the site is accessible to another people, it means, that the problem is NOT at our servers.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Xayaan

Message # 6 | 12:16 PM
Fred2625, As i have mentioned earlier. It appears that it is a problem from your end. Plusnet has ongoing maintenance in their broadband internet service as seen here. Many users have reported loss of connectivity and inablity to connect to websites. As for 3 mobile, I'm not sure if they are having issues with their broadband internet connection, So i recommend giving them a call and talking to them regarding the issue using their contact numbers here. Clearly it is not an issue of our servers.
Fred2625

Message # 7 | 1:58 PM
So how come I can get every other website witt Plusnet and 3 and 2 different computers if it is their connectivity?

If I take my iPad to the street, I am in another location!

I have asked you if you want me to upgrade so that this worked

I would already have gone to another host if I had not spent hours building my websites

Added (2015-03-14, 1:07 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I can assure you that I WILL NOT waste time waiting for an answer in the support lines of 3 and Plusnet. They will immediately prove to me it is not their problem by asking me to open any website except for yours.

It works intermittently, for 10 minutes, then I cannot access the control panle or my website again

Added (2015-03-14, 1:09 PM)

Quote bigblog ()
if the site is accessible to another people, it means, that the problem is NOT at our servers.

What other people can access it in the UK or USA?

Added (2015-03-14, 1:58 PM)
I have no idea why it works with Tor and not with my other browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE

Xayaan

Message # 8 | 3:08 PM
Fred2625, We have faced problems with Comcast internet provider in the past years - They blocked one or two servers which caused users using Comcast as their ISP to be unable to access their websites. In this case, We suspect that the same thing is happening.

We treat all paid and free plan users equally and free plan users aren't placed on a seperate server. They are placed in the same server as paid users as bigblog has mentioned in the previous thread.

If you can access the website with ToR that means that it is definitely the fault of your ISP and not of uCoz servers.

Quote Fred2625 ()
What other people can access it in the UK or USA?

I've accessed your websites using 5 different UK and 5 Different USA IP addresses.

Kind regards.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 6:04 AM
Fred2625, apologies about the late reply. Addressing your issue, there's a number of different things that could be causing this - a preliminary analysis of your issue suggests it's certainly something that's occurring either locally, or between your computer and our servers. The server in mention hasn't had any reported outages, and (as has been stated above by other forum members) is accessible from other locations around the world and in the UK. Reasons for the connection issues can cover a large range, however, let's start at a local level. (I haven't read through all the previous replies to apologies if you're repeating yourself.)

Have you:
1. Tried using another internet browser(s)?
2. Switched off your firewall temporarily to identify whether it could be a banned connection resulting in the issues?
3. Checked you don't have any plugins installed in your browser of choice which could present the current issues?
4. Tried connecting using a friends computer who isn't with Plusnet or 3 Mobile?

If none of that helps, (or more point 4 does) then from what I can determine this sounds very much like an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Here on the forums (and throughout the history of the service), these are not too uncommon and crop up a couple of times a year on average. We strongly recommend contacting your ISP to have them confirm that the uCoz server isn't actively blocked, or that there's maintenance on the network path to the server which could result in connection downtime. From what we've heard from users who have previously encountered this issue it's usually difficult to get in touch with the department you need to find this information out, so it can be a waiting game at times.

From our end, we'll continue to investigate the issue. For our technical division to confirm this issue, however, we'll need you to run another tracert, keeping note this will need to be from a device that is not connecting to the server. Would you have any friends with the same provider who could confirm this issue is also occurring for them perhaps so we can have at least two tracerts to provide the host if we do identify this to be an ISP issue? It's something which can help with identification and resolution of these problems.

In the meantime TOR is certainly your best bet to connect to the server as it redirects your connection through a different set of pipes so to speak that aren't under maintenance, or for an unknown reason are being blocked by the provider/computer. Aside from that please keep us informed of any changes to the status of your connection issues.

Hope this helps! happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Fred2625

Message # 10 | 9:41 PM
Are your websites known to ISPs for sending viruses and spamming so that connections to them are blocked?

Other people still have not told me of problems accessing the websties.

The problem with TOR is I think it blocks communications with the website when testing it as a user due to its anonimity, for instance it will not deliver messages sent with the Contact us form

But then why does Tor work with Plusnet and 3????

I have tried Safari (iPad), firefox, google chrome and IE with the laptop.

This is a mystery

Added (2015-03-15, 9:41 PM)
switching off the firewall does not work and I obviously would not want to work on your site with the firewall off

Post edited by Fred2625 - Sunday, 2015-03-15, 9:33 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 11 | 10:38 AM
Quote Fred2625 ()
Are your websites known to ISPs for sending viruses and spamming so that connections to them are blocked?

When it comes to virus and spam detection we have hundreds (if not thousands) of new websites registered on our servers daily. Our Abuse team filters through sites as rapidly as they can (in addition to our automated systems), however, there's always the chance a website, or links within a website, may contain infected materials. These don't commonly impact the function of the service although from time to time do result in specific servers being blocked by particular ISPs.

Quote Fred2625 ()

The problem with TOR is I think it blocks communications with the website when testing it as a user due to its anonimity, for instance it will not deliver messages sent with the Contact us form

But then why does Tor work with Plusnet and 3????

TOR may/will present problems with form submissions (or other website functions) as it natively blocks certain scripting and elements - you can enable these scripts and functions in the preferences section of the browser.

As to why TOR works with Plusnet & 3 - what's happening without ToR is that your connection to the server is:

Code
Node (PC) > Router > Modem > Plusnet/3 > Global Internet Local > Global Internet International > Server

By default - the technology your provider has will route your internet traffic to take the shortest route to the server. If this "pathway" at the ISP's end is blocked, or under maintenance, it will result in a 404/connection issues. What TOR does, is add a gateway proxy to the connection making it:

Code
Node > Router > Modem > Plusnet/3 > Proxy International > Global Internet International > Server

Which in short, is redirecting the traffic to another part of the world before it connects to the server, unhindered by the block/maintenance occurring at the providers end. smile

Again, hope that made some sense. happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 12 | 12:36 PM
Quote Paradox ()
When it comes to virus and spam detection we have hundreds (if not thousands) of new websites registered on our servers daily. Our Abuse team filters through sites as rapidly as they can (in addition to our automated systems), however, there's always the chance a website, or links within a website, may contain infected materials. These don't commonly impact the function of the service although from time to time do result in specific servers being blocked by particular ISPs.

I would like to add that even if there is a malicious website not taken down fast enough, it does not affect other websites on the server in any way.

Quote Paradox ()
Would you have any friends with the same provider who could confirm this issue is also occurring for them perhaps so we can have at least two tracerts to provide the host if we do identify this to be an ISP issue? It's something which can help with identification and resolution of these problems.

This would really help us identify the cause. Additionally, a TCP traceroute usually provides more info, you can find the guide on how to run it at http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-14360-16-1229049275

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » Server failed again
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: