• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » how am i suppose to know when someone signs up at my site (from the main page to read my info)
how am i suppose to know when someone signs up at my site
buddy

Message # 1 | 0:48 AM
i would like to know if an email is ent out when a new person visits and signs up at my site
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 7:54 AM
buddy, an email is generally sent to the address of the site administrator upon the registration of a new user. If this feature has not been enabled yet you can do so now by opening Control Panel > Users > Module settings. Then scroll down and tick Notification of Administrator upon registration. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
buddy

Message # 3 | 11:19 PM
i checked it and it was already checked... i went ahead and saved it again and will try again

Added (2012-02-22, 5:19 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Paradox, just tryied it again and it didnt work... is there anything else i havent checked... i have the contact me, but i would like the knowledge of someone signing up to view my stuff

Sunny

Message # 4 | 11:11 AM
buddy, what Paradox described applies to the websites where local users are enabled (in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings, this feature is available only for premium websites). By default all websites have uNet users enabled and in this case it is not possible to receive notifications about signups since users are signing up to the global uNet system and are added to the website database only after their first signing in.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
fatgher48

Message # 5 | 3:26 PM
Sunny are you saying in other words, you basically just have to check your users list for new members that may have joined?

Like i have users,guest,friends and blocked groups all blocked from having accesses, I have to put all new members in a members group or other group i created,But yet i do not even get any notification of new registers users.

Is there a way i can disable the whole uNet users thing that is set by default, Right now it's not a big deal because the site is new and we do not have many members, But whats going to happen when i start getting more, i have to go through page after page of the members list to see who joined so i can put them in a proper group?

I dont understand why any given unet users are allowed into your site for the sake of just being a unet user?
Yes i understand you do not have to allow this, but it should not be this way to begin with, and now that we have no way to see who is registering, it is going to make it very hard to put members in a proper group when you start gaining many pages of members.

Not everyone wants a public site and allow any Tom, Doug or Harry unet user in, So i am just trying to figure out the best way of knowing when i have new users join so i can then add them in the appropriate group with access.

See it's messed up, because if i set it to where i have to register members, Then it seems no one can log in because the log in box pops-up and says user module is disabled or something, But then if I allow registrations now I have no way of knowing who is joining.

I would like it to where i just have to register all new members, then put them in the group. But i tried that and most are saying some "Users" module: message coming up and wont allow them to log in, So now i am forced to keep Activate "Users" module: enabled, but now have no way of knowing who joins unless i look at the users list.

My whole point once again is, This is going to be a pain going through the list once or twice a day looking for members that i have to add in a group to have access?

Unless i am just confused???? ucuz can be a very frustrating board, some of the options/features are set up very retarded, So may be you can explain in a way that will best help me?

Thank you

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Saturday, 2012-03-10, 3:39 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 1:33 AM
fatgher48, if you are wanting a restricted site you can disable the users module and create local-accounts in the control panel. The login problem only occurrs with the pop-up form as far as I am aware and can be over-ridden through linking to /index/1 which is the site's default login page.

Apart from that the only way to get rid of uNet users is to pay for a service and change it to Local user registration. This allows you to customise all the fields and such etc etc. Otherwise use the method I described above. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
fatgher48

Message # 7 | 7:08 AM
Oh ok i think that will help then.
because my accesses denied page is all custom, the only thing there is the register,main page and log in tabs at the top of the page,
So that log in is the pop-out one like you are saying, so when i was not allowing registrations the members were getting the user module is disabled and not able to log in sad

Thus i had to reset Activate "Users" module in order for them to log in, Which stinks because now people can register, But i would still have to add them in a members group..

However now you gave the end of the link for the default log in, that will help a lot and i can Incorporated that to the access denied page and take out the pop-out log in and put it in it's place.. I think... hahaha No I'll get it to work i know what you mean now.

Thanx man hands

what is the template called for the default log in page?

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Monday, 2012-03-26, 7:12 AM
Sunny

Message # 8 | 12:25 PM
Quote (fatgher48)
what is the template called for the default log in page?

User login page.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » how am i suppose to know when someone signs up at my site (from the main page to read my info)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: