• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » How to delete user
How to delete user
fatgher48

Message # 1 | 5:25 AM
How do i delete a user, I get a message saying because it's a unet user that it is better to block or add to a group with no permissions.
But i do not wish to do that and just want them gone/account deleted.. My registrations are now closed and all new members are only by invite and me adding them.

I'm sorry fellas, but this is a load of garbage, I mean what gives any unet user the right to just log in to any ucuz site just because of the mere fact they are a unet user, I can care less if they are a unet user, i do not know them, they was not invited and i refuse to put them in a group when i do not want them there period.

So how can i remove them completely Because if i am unable to do this then someone is going to have to point me in the direction on how i go about getting a full refund.. I would have never paid top dollar for almost all features if i have known i do not have full control of my site.

I am a paying customer and feel if i do not want a unet user to be there at all, then i should not have to be subjected to placing them in a group or ip ban to rid them. Plus the ip is a anonymous proxy from a known hacker. So it would do no good to ban the ip, He can come right back with another ip But he cant come back if he no longer has a account and registrations are closed.

Yes i understand i can set permissions or add to block group. But that is not the point, The point is i am paying for a service, do not give a flying dung whether they are a unet user or not and just wish for the whole account to be removed.

So once again how can i delete this person with a unet account.

I am not trying sound as if i am coming off as being angry, But when you are paying all this money just to find i cant delete a member just because he is a unet user account, I think not..Unacceptable

And what about this fact, dose unet even know about this law, because if they do, then by unet having this in place the way it is now is Illegal for them to do so.

So in other words, In accordance with article 34 of the data-processing law and freedoms.
If a member ask you to delete his account you have to or you would be in violation and can lose your site from any host it may be on.
By unet/ucuz having it set up the way it is, you can not delete an account thus makes unest not allowing site owners to do so leading to unet and ucuz not honoring nor recognizing the law in accordance to article 34 of the data-processing law and freedoms. Meaning this is considered to be illegal for unet to have the feature of deleting unet user for paid unet/ucuz costumers only???

So my whole point with that is
What if someone asked me to delete their account, By law if someone was to ask me to delete their account i would have to, And for me to tell someone i cant and i have to place them in a group with no permissions or ban their ip, Well i dont think that would go over very well either.let alone unet is not even providing the option of deleting a unet account on your site.. Unless you pay, It is to my understanding that
article 34 of the data-processing law and freedoms is under international law as well. So i think someone should send that off to unet's litigation's so the can realize they need to change that??? dunno i am not a lawyer so that would be for them to work out? I mean unet and ucuz are not stupid and am sure they have things covered, But is kind of odd they only have the unet account removal option for paid ucuz site owners only. Especially when it seems like going by article 34 data-processing law and freedoms, it should be a default option for any ucuz site owner?

I now have new page set up with the default login for members, I have registrations closed so will not have to worry about any unwanted unet users registering. right now it's only one person account. But i dont know them and i dont want them there even without permissions. And even if i ban the ip the account is still technically there so i want it completely removed off my site, as a non existing account like it was never there.

I really do not see what gives unet the right to make peoples minds up for them and just allow any unet user to log in/register to someone else site. Not everyone's site is public nor want this. We are a small adult community of amateur and professional web designers,graghic designers, artist, software developers and other various technological developments, So it is very important for us not have or allow anyone in we do not know.

Any help would be much appreciated.. and once again i am not yelling or complaining to anyone here on staff.
It's Just this members ip is one from a known hacker that matches to a anonymous proxy.. So i am sure you can understand my concern.

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Wednesday, 2012-03-28, 6:34 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 12:02 PM
Quote (fatgher48)
How do i delete a user, I get a message saying because it's a unet user that it is better to block or add to a group with no permissions.

Yes, and it is really better. Because in case of uNet users, even if you could delete a user from your website, this user would be able to log in using the same data again. Therefore deletion in this case is just useless.

Quote (fatgher48)
I am a paying customer and feel if i do not want a unet user to be there at all, then i should not have to be subjected to placing them in a group or ip ban to rid them.

In this case the problem can be easily solved - you switch to "Local users" in Users module settings, and then you can delete any profiles from your website.

Quote (fatgher48)
What if someone asked me to delete their account, By law if someone was to ask me to delete their account i would have to

If a user wants to delete his uNet profile, he/she can do this at uNet.com. If, for some reason, he/she cannot do this, then he/she should contact our support service.

Quote (fatgher48)
I really do not see what gives unet the right to make peoples minds up for them and just allow any unet user to log in/register to someone else site. Not everyone's site is public nor want this. We are a small adult community of amateur and professional web designers,graghic designers, artist, software developers and other various technological developments, So it is very important for us not have or allow anyone in we do not know.

This is how the global uNet sign-in system works and that's why it is called "global". If you do not want it, and want a close community website, you switch to local users. That's it.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
fatgher48

Message # 3 | 2:46 AM
Quote (Sunny)
If a user wants to delete his uNet profile, he/she can do this at uNet.com. If, for some reason, he/she cannot do this, then he/she should contact our support service.

Actually i dont mean a member asking to have a unet account deleted. I mean what if someone ask to have their account deleted on my site and they are a unet user, I can not do this because we do not have the option, And going by article 34 it would be a violation for me not deleted their account from my website.. That was my whole point for putting the article 34 up there..

In other words unet or not honoring or following this law by them only allowing unet account deletions on ones site unless you pay for the option. How can they charge someone to do this when it is a law that you would have to delete anyone's account from your a website if they ask. Buy unet only allowing for this a paying site owner,

It just don't make sense to me, Any unet user can log in any time without a members account on your site, But yet they can still register too, Why would they even have to register if they can just log in to anyone's site.

I am going to get legal advice on the matter, I am not going to pay for a option that should other wise be a default option. This is unheard of, i have never heard of a host charging someone to delete a members account from your website/forums?

So i am not going to be held liable nor responsible for the deletion of any unet account deletions on my site. If unet refuse to abide by the law then i am not being held responsible for unet's negligence.

Other then that, you basically answered everything, I will just forward the whole situation to my lawyer and he can handle it or inform me on any other actions to take if needed?

Thanx sunny, sorry if i sound bitter a about the whole incident, But it is not adding up to me. It seems unet is making money illegally on a option that is supposed to be mandatory to enable any site owner to follow and abide by article 34 of the data-processing law and freedoms. By unet charging, they are preventing site owners from doing so and are braking the law for charging.

Thank you again.

You can close this now if you like. Unless you have any other important points or information i may have misinterpreted smile

My biggest thing on the whole matter was only that this unet user name and IP matches up with a known hacker that has hacked in to some of my members sites in the past along with many other website and forum hosting, phpbb, V-bulletin,invision, grou.ps etc.. you name this guy has hacked it. Now he seems like he is after a ucuz site next which is mine. So to find out i cant delete the account freaks me out, let alone i am also unable to abide by the laws of article 34 if anyone was to ask me because unet charges? The reason i brought the whole artcle 34 into play was only because i realized you cant go by article 34 on your sites if unet is not honoring nor following the the law, Other then that my whole concern is about the hacker and his account on my site. I rally can care less abaout the whole artcle 34 thing right now and will just have to tell any if they ever ask they are going to have to contact unet to delete the account from my site.

So i put a block on the account and will ban the ip, but it's a proxy.. If there is one thing i hate is hackers. And he is a real scum, he just dose it to go in clear the data wipe the board and put a message up saying hahah you been hacked Jack. He thinks it's funny and gets his rocks off going around doing this to people.

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Thursday, 2012-03-29, 3:10 AM
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » How to delete user
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: