• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Going around database... (So will it work without acces to database?)
Going around database...
pow77

Message # 1 | 9:37 AM
Hi i want to make MINECRAFT webpage decided to use ucoz epic features however i recently find very useful plugin which allow users to whitelist (way to get access to server is text file whit user names on Minecraft server hosting site you choose to pay...) via webpage so you can make little test(or merge it with page registration) which will automatically get them access to server.(add to whitelist) Now i find this(as i dont have access to ucoz user database):
KoolSource Forum Bridge is a next generation, forum bridging plugin that is lightweight, easy to use, and extremely customizable.
The fault of many of the past forum bridge plugins is that they require you to have full remote access to a MySQL database. This is not allowed on many webhosts and is a major security risk even if it is allowed. Someone could easily hack into that remote connection and take down your entire website (I would know.. it's happened to me. :()

With KoolSource Forum Bridge you no longer have to allow remote connections to your MySQL database. You can even close the port all together, eliminating the risk of a MySQL security breach.
Supported Software
Invision Power Board (IPB) - Tested with 3.2.3
MyBB - Tested with 1.6.6
PHPbb 3 - Tested with PHPbb 3.0.10
vBulletin - Tested with 4.1.10
Woltlab Burning Board - Tested with 3.1.6
XenForo - Tested with 1.1.2

This list may seem short compared to the thousands of website softwares out there but KoolSource Forum Bridge works with literally 100% of the Forums, CMSs and ANY custom website. The only thing you need to have is a user management system that has groups. I will be posting a tutorial on how to make your own Web Modules that will enable you to make KoolSource Forum Bridge work with your own custom software.

How it works

KoolSource Forum Bridge works without access to a remote MySQL connection because it uses a small web-based script to do all of the MySQL database connections for it. This way you can leave your MySQL connection securely on your webserver - Exactly where it should stay.

These Web Module as I like to call them enable the end user to easily change the method of user-data retrieval and customize the locations of certain data to your liking.
Sorry i dont really udenstand how it will work right now.... I will try to bring here more specific information related to ucoz hosting to get best answer... anyway is there any chance to get it work? (based on for me unknown forum/script/ ucoz limitations stuff) I can buy any paid service if needed...

thx
Post edited by pow77 - Monday, 2012-04-16, 9:40 AM
PixelKhaos

Message # 2 | 10:09 AM
You can not merge site registration with your server's whitelist.
Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
pow77

Message # 3 | 11:19 AM
Quote (Acid)
You can not merge site registration with your server's whitelist.

Can i get any explanation?
PixelKhaos

Message # 4 | 2:31 PM
Simply you don't have access to the uCoz servers. So connecting databases of my knowledge is not possible.
Though you might be able to use a third-party registration form for registering for the game at the site.
But note, this is not connected to the site user system at all.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Going around database... (So will it work without acces to database?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: