• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Is uCoz still active?
Is uCoz still active?
Omegra

Message # 1 | 11:46 AM
I've been using uCoz for a very long time (on a previous account) and I know you've made updates but I haven't seen much forum activity or major updates - correct me if I'm wrong. On the website, the latest news article was posted on '01.01.2011' which was... quite a long time ago I just want to know if there are still people developing uCoz and if so what are they working on?

Thanks,
- Alex/Omegra.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2 | 2:20 PM
Yes there is people working behind the curtains of uCoz. Maintaining the usability, fixing bugs and many other things. They are very much alive. ^^
CodeResolution

Message # 3 | 3:48 PM
Omegra, they are based in a Russian HQ and have a team of 50+ people. uCoz isn't as active as it used to be but there hopefully be some new features launched within the next couple of months. I am aware of one thing that uCoz are currently working on, however I am not to disclose any information on that. Wouldn't want to spoil any surprises.
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Black-Mage

Message # 4 | 2:46 AM
Omegra, Yes, uCoz is still active. sure, your not gonna find a ucoz website on the first page when you search on google, but yeah, people are still using ucoz, new members everyday.

◄]Registered 2012-04-15[►
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 8:09 AM
Omegra, apart from everything 13053121k0, CreativeCollusions, & Black-Mage have said, which I 100% agree with... About the updates that were last announced. uCoz constantly fix up bugs and errors in the system as well as working on their larger projects which can take months sometimes longer to complete. They only release certain announcements out to the community which will actually affect the community. If they announced every bug fix and spelling correction it would simply be a waste of time. They leave the update announcements for the BIG ones. smile wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Omegra

Message # 6 | 1:15 PM
@Paradox, It's a shame they don't. I know they get new users everyday, I know how big uCoz is... But if I was a new user here, I wouldn't even use it. Why? Because it doesn't look like it's active. People don't want to build sites with it knowing months down the road it could all be gone. Even though theres the reassurance of being able to backup your databases, most people are here because they wouldn't be able to code the CMS to display and handle the stuff within the database. I haven't paid for a service with uCoz in just over a year for the reason of it seeming 'inactive'. Maybe it's something uCoz should think about looking into.
Sunny

Message # 7 | 5:37 PM
Omegra, Paradox is right, uCoz is constantly developing and working on new projects and features. Soon the video module is going to be released. The E-shop module is developed and new features are added. There are also minor changes/fixes. Thank you for your suggestion though, we will try to inform users about news and updates more often.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Is uCoz still active?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: