• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » UCOZ Site safe?
UCOZ Site safe?
Expert1510

Message # 1 | 1:28 AM
I've been hearing from someone that this site isn't safe to use because there are russian criminals that are hacking into their background info which can lead to other important stuff, is this true? I don't believe it, but just wondering.

They say that all websites hosted in Russia are criminal prone.
Pancake_old

Message # 2 | 1:39 AM
Expert1510, Thats the first I ever heard about that one
ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Black-Mage

Message # 3 | 8:25 AM
who the hell are you listening to? wink
uCoz is safe - some people also say that on thier computer it says that its not safe, but this is usually because of the protection software they are using. I use McAfee and it says that uCoz is safe.

◄]Registered 2012-04-15[►
Post edited by Black-Mage - Thursday, 2012-05-17, 8:28 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 8:41 AM
Expert1510, I have heard no news of this occurrence. If the uCoz system had ever been compromised I'm sure the company would be first to inform their users regarding the issue. Before I go any further could you specify in more detail your source. Were they an acquaintance, friend. news article etc?

To be honest with you, by the sounds of it your source is simply extremely paranoid and a little misinformed. Any one with the knowledge, skills and time can hack any site on the internet, no matter what country. Every single website hosted in every single country has the exact same chance of getting hacked by someone. Not just ones hosted in Russia.

Apart from that uCoz is one of the most secure systems i have worked with to date. Personally I find your source is well mistaken.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » UCOZ Site safe?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: