• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Pictures in the Blog! (maximum dimensions)
Pictures in the Blog!
Tia

Message # 1 | 12:42 PM
Hello. I have pictures in my blog and when i click om them - a new window opens with a full-size photo. Is it possible to change a regular window for a small (just the size of a picture) pop-up window with a real size photo ?????
Thank you!
Post edited by Tia - Thursday, 2009-09-10, 12:43 PM
Dartz

Message # 2 | 2:36 PM
Use HTML instead of attachment to apply image in blog entry.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
kostova

Message # 3 | 2:31 AM
When I edit the module settings for the blog for the Maximum Dimensions of a Full-sized Image, to let's say 150 x 200, and upon adding a new entry with an uploaded image that is larger than the specified 150 x 200 restriction I placed, the image isn't reduced to those specifications.

To clarify, a user uploads an image that's 300px x 400px and the Max Image Dimensions are set to 150 x 200, it should resize it automatically.
The settings suggest that:
...All images that are bigger than the specified size, will be reduced proportionally.

But it doesn't reduce the image dimensions. I read somewhere else that another user had this problem, but the topic was left unanswered and locked and was wondering if this would ever be implemented or if I'm doing something wrong, point me in the right direction.

As far as I know the Dimensions of a reduced image is the only thing that works, but in my case that's used for thumbnail versions and to resize through inline styles would leave my site loading awfully slow.

Many apologies for creating a new thread about this matter, but it seems like a rather useless feature if it doesn't work as properly or as it states. If I'm misinterpreting the meaning of All images that are bigger than the specified size, will be reduced proportionally, by all means.

Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:32 AM
kostova, just tested it and it works fine for new added images.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
kostova

Message # 5 | 4:59 AM
Sunny, it's still not working for me. I've uploaded an image larger than the max-dimensions settings and the image remains the same proportions when I upload it. I've tried it with new entries as well as reuploading images from old entries, but still no luck.
Sunny

Message # 6 | 10:15 AM
kostova, provide the link to the entry where it does not work and a screenshot with the blog settings.
kostova

Message # 7 | 7:21 PM

The image is above the entry, but in the picture here it does go beyond both my entry container and the sitewide container, which is the red background.
The dimensions for the image is 1024x768.

I PM'd you the link.

Post edited by kostova - Thursday, 2010-03-25, 7:23 PM
Sunny

Message # 8 | 9:54 AM
kostova, this option works fine if you add images as attachments. But you have added the image code to the template. That's why it does not work. But you can limit image dimensions via html code in the template.
kostova

Message # 9 | 10:04 AM
Okay, I know, but I just thought that the Max-image-dimensions settings also reduces the image size like the Reduced-Image setting.
But yes, it makes sense now.
If the image exceeds the limit I placed, then it will reduce it proportionally. But it does it regardless, even if the image is smaller so that's a positive.

Thank you so much for your help.

edit:
On the contrary. I did search, hence the reason why I said this:
I read somewhere else that another user had this problem, but the topic was left unanswered and locked
This topic fit better, http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/26-2225-1

Post edited by kostova - Friday, 2010-03-26, 6:06 PM
Dartz

Message # 10 | 2:17 PM
Why you believe you are allowed to create a new thread only because you are
too lazy to use search feature? - This question was answered numerous times.

How many times we must answer?
- Resizing works only via attachments for all modules.

Another module:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/9-9198-1

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Pictures in the Blog! (maximum dimensions)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: