• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Uploading .html files (Need to know how to upload files and control name/location.)
Uploading .html files
Stephen

Message # 1 | 2:51 AM
I have a website I'm about to lose at Geocities (I've saved all the files locally). It is all my own HTML code. When I transferred it all to my new website at ucoz.com, it transferred a single file only, the index.html file. All the other files (almost all .html) were not transferred. I tried several times, with the same result. So then I tried to do the manual cut-and-paste method, but I seem to have no control over what the resulting file is named or where it's saved. My pages have many links to each other, so I don't want to have to edit all the file names (the links are almost all relative, not absolute).

The system seems to want to name the files with some index number, like 0-10 -- I need to save by the actual file name. Help?

Is uCoz the place for me, or do I completely misunderstand what's going on?

Post edited by Stephen - Sunday, 2009-10-25, 10:24 PM
kanat07

Message # 2 | 10:38 PM
Stephen, you cannot upload html files form FTP.

you have to upload your pages from Control panel manually.

Stephen

Message # 3 | 5:03 AM
Can I control what I want the files to be named? Adding a file and pasting in my content yields a file with a number, not a name. How do I give them the name I want?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:39 AM
Stephen, if you upload your files to File Manager they have the names you have given them.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Stephen

Message # 5 | 3:47 AM
Ah. That seems to work. Thanks! ("Adding" a file just confused things.)
Hawk4186

Message # 6 | 9:53 PM
I can't figure out how to use the file manager. I have all my HTML code from my old site in word docs. I can't figure out how to creat a new index, create new files etc.
The only thing I've been able to do is upload two images. What if I want to add new pages? What if I want to update? How do I create a whole new index? There's no file create option. When it ways upload file exactly what am I supposed to be uploading?
Dartz

Message # 7 | 3:41 AM
Hawk4186, your current 'index' is inside Customize Design under 'Site Pages'.

Replace code.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Uploading .html files (Need to know how to upload files and control name/location.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: