• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » uID Authorisation (Global Update To uID)
uID Authorisation
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 1 | 3:44 PM
The old login form has been disabled due to the final transfer of the sign-in system to oAuth authorization - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/2-15770-1
You can select which type of the uID sign-in button – old (the button in the default website design) or new (oAuth authorization) - should be used on your website in Control Panel → Settings → Common settings → Type of the uID sign-in button.

With the recent release of a number of system updates, the uNet system is now no longer in use as the standard method of account authorisation. The system has been globally transferred to uID. As part of this update Webtop login is now accessible via the URL http://uid.me and preferably no longer http://unet.com.

Overall uCoz users are encouraged to make use of the new updated URL and re-bookmark the link to their Webtops, and uID Profiles. uCoz users who are currently using the uToolbar will have encountered minor connection problems during the change-over however the system has now been entirely updated to handle uToolbar requests.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
cake

Message # 2 | 1:00 PM
This new system seems sleek and pretty - but it has a very frightening flaw. I am hoping this is just a temporary flaw and is in the process of getting updated and improved.

When you log in to ucoz now, you are logged in automatically based on your IP address. What the hell?! What if someone has registered for the website in a public PC cafe or something?! First of all - any person at all using that public computer will be able to log in to your personal ucoz webpage management. I've been able to do so myself. They can take your personal webpage and completely screw up all your hard work or delete it.

Secondly, what if someone changes computers? Let's say that I've registered at my friend's house. Now, i'm at home. I try to log in and edit my things, but can't.

Thirdly, you can't log in to other accounts of yours. You cannot choose who you are logging in as. Let's say two people are sharing a computer. One is the website admin, and one is a user. The people cannot chose who they are logging in as. The admin might end up always logging in as the other user, cannot do anything to stop this, and will ahve no control over the website.

oh my god... what are you guys thinking?! . This whole update is messing everything up for me. Is ANY of the above going to be fixed? Ever??
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 1:31 PM
Quote (cake)
When you log in to ucoz now, you are logged in automatically based on your IP address. What the hell?! What if someone has registered for the website in a public PC cafe or something?! First of all - any person at all using that public computer will be able to log in to your personal ucoz webpage management. I've been able to do so myself. They can take your personal webpage and completely screw up all your hard work or delete it.

cake, login is not specified via IP address - it is set via cookies. Apart from however that is why the option exists to select whether you are logging in on a private or shared computer. This determines whether or not the necessary cookies are set to a persons computer so that they can login multiple times using the same uID or whether it is a single-time login.

Quote (cake)
Secondly, what if someone changes computers? Let's say that I've registered at my friend's house. Now, i'm at home. I try to log in and edit my things, but can't.

Of course you can. It simply means that once you log in the previous session is overidden and replaced with the new active session. wink

Quote (cake)
Thirdly, you can't log in to other accounts of yours. You cannot choose who you are logging in as. Let's say two people are sharing a computer. One is the website admin, and one is a user. The people cannot chose who they are logging in as. The admin might end up always logging in as the other user, cannot do anything to stop this, and will have no control over the website.

Again, yes you can. Firstly, most users on a site will be making use of unique terminals therefore this problem only affects a limited user-group. To get around the problem you have outlined however you need to log out of your uID account before closing the browser. So open http://uid.me and select Log Out uID as your log out option. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 3:06 PM
cake, I've added some useful info to the first post:

You can select which type of the uID sign-in button – old (the button in the default website design) or new (oAuth authorization) - should be used on your website in Control Panel → Settings → Common settings → Type of the uID sign-in button.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » uID Authorisation (Global Update To uID)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: