• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » The History of uCoz Project Updates (From Home Page to TOP100)
The History of uCoz Project Updates
Sunny

Message # 1 | 12:45 PM
While uCoz programmers are busy with the development of the system, create new features and modules, fix bugs and errors, our designers and project managers don't waste time as well! In this post I'll tell you not about a functional update but rather about an aesthetic one. Some of you might have already noticed it smile

uCoz old-timers probably remember what the service was like several years ago: it didn't look like today's uCoz even remotely.

After the update of our home page, we started the updates of our other projects (satellites). It's not a quick task, since an external design change always includes internal changes (HTML layout, changes on the system level for more stable work). Let's see and remember how they all looked like in the past smile

Update of the uCoz home page

Update of the FAQ website

Update of the Community Forum

And now let's proceed to the main news of this post - the fresh updates of three uCoz projects.

TOP100 is one of the last projects that haven't been updated in accordance with the new uCoz style till recently. We had a number of reasons for this, but finally we've got to the project and are glad to present the new design of uCoz Top100!

I would like to remind, that the quality and attractiveness of the projects doesn't depend only on the uCoz Team. You can help us make TOP100 better if you check your website description for compliance with the TOP100 rules.

The affiliate program money.ucoz.com, that was re-launched not so long ago, now has a new design as well!

Hardly many people know about the existence of this project, but it exists and has been existing for quite a long time. Its design has also been updated.

While we were updating all our projects and transferring them to new designs, we started to think about an update of the home page smile But that's not for this post. The main thing is that we are becoming better not only technically, but also it terms of usability. And I would like to remind (and for some of you this info might be new) that this year you'll see the main visual (and not only visual) update - redesign of the uCoz Control Panel!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CodeResolution

Message # 2 | 2:44 PM
Sunny, thanks for this thread. I'm loving these additional updates, I hadn't noticed the new Top 100 webpage, Logos and Affiliate Program revamp.

I'll never forget the old tacky ones, but these are very articulate and well usable.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 3:55 PM
CodeResolution, thnx smile I guess in several years we'll think the same about the current designs - that they are sooo old-fashioned smile
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CodeResolution

Message # 4 | 4:06 PM
Sunny, that's completely true! Well design trends move so quickly it's a pain trying to keep up. But I always like to check all the new design and system updates on uCoz regardless of the fact that I don't host/maintain my sites on it anymore, but I still always recommend uCoz to others and use it for some clients, although I'm aiming towards e-Shop module now.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Post edited by CodeResolution - Friday, 2013-03-22, 10:11 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 8:02 AM
Ooh. The nostalgia's setting in. biggrin Haha. The recent design updates are great. It's awesome to see a fresh bit of life brought to a few of the old sites. ^^
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
CodeResolution

Message # 6 | 10:59 AM
Paradox, truly is wink Well to be honest, I give a lot of credit to uCoz for what I achieve in my own career life. Simply because before I started servicing large organizations and began establishment of a 1750s studio for my freelance company Code Resolution. I obviously started off as a newbie too, and it was from using uCoz - along with investing time and effort, that I learned what I know now.

So as I've grown myself, I've loved to watch my teacher keep going too. Helping other young entrepreneurs and web masters!

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Post edited by CodeResolution - Friday, 2013-03-22, 4:06 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 7 | 11:22 AM
CodeResolution, I know what you mean - my story's a bit like that minus a fancy studio and I'm only just picking up clients and such. biggrin We've all started somewhere here on the internetworks. happy
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Cyberdasm

Message # 8 | 2:26 PM
Amazing!! I think the accordation menu or dhtml 5 menu will be release soon! I dont seen any of them here in ucoz and also may the ucoz team developers will excel more in in their respective fields of expertise.
1F4BF3B
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » The History of uCoz Project Updates (From Home Page to TOP100)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: