uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 16 | 7:56 AM
Elexy, the point still stands, however, there is no need for either of you to continue, it is how it is for the moment. Your feedback is appreciated though and our team will certainly take it into consideration when they look at further expansion and development to this module. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
PixelKhaos

Message # 17 | 5:47 PM
Elexy, I read that, that's what I answered to, and I'm telling you it's not true.
And the fact that you're posting news still stands, your twitter/facebook etc is for your updates and news about the page you have.

Publisher is similar to news and blog, but the games module posting to facebook would quickly be conisdered spam, as it only would be info about a game, not an actual "new game release" news article.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Post edited by PixelKhaos - Tuesday, 2013-08-20, 5:50 PM
Elexy

Message # 18 | 6:28 PM
Quote (PixelKhaos)
Publisher is similar to news and blog, but the games module posting to facebook would quickly be conisdered spam, as it only would be info about a game, not an actual "new game release" news article.

Wouldn't be spam if it updates to a personal Facebook page/group.

Quote (Paradox)
the point still stands, however, there is no need for either of you to continue, it is how it is for the moment. Your feedback is appreciated though and our team will certainly take it into consideration when they look at further expansion and development to this module.

Thanks.

Proud Ucoz Member Since 2013
Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
♥ http://rawtrex.com/ ♥
Neuro

Message # 19 | 3:09 PM
The fb account publishing appeared in the admin menu, but it looks like still does not work. I connected to my fb account, it sees the pages I manage, but after trying to publish it shows some error like this:

What could be the problem here? Is the publisher still not ready yet?
Attachments: 0141402.png (4.4 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 20 | 7:58 AM
Neuro, if that's the website from your signature, then it's because of the custom domain.

Quote (Sunny)
at the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution

And I'm afraid we do not expect to have a solution soon due to Facebook peculiarities.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Matthew9569

Message # 21 | 10:20 AM
I see. It was mentioned in the OP, but at the time the function wasn't available in the admin panel (only twitter and the others). It just appeared 1-2 days ago, so I thought it might be working (I couldn't log in with my other user, so it is me - Neuro - again smile ).
Post edited by Matthew9569 - Friday, 2013-08-30, 10:21 AM
Sunny

Message # 22 | 10:29 AM
Matthew9569, I have a small update on the issue - it should work in the following way:

1. Disable the following options in Common Settings:
- Redirect from the default domain to the attached one automatically:
- The domain [domain name] is a primary one:

2. Connect Facebook.

3. Enable the options again.

PixelKhaos

Message # 23 | 11:52 AM
I'd like to say that the brief message of the post added on facebook, looks a bit awful at the moment.
As it shows text from all elements of the body, such as time added, by whom etc, all within the actual entry text. So if it could be updated to only show a brief of $MESSAGE$, and add possibility to choose what picture to use on the status, that'd be pretty much it for the facebook part.

I have yet to test the tumblr and twitter ones, but I have a feeling they have the same problem.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Post edited by PixelKhaos - Friday, 2013-08-30, 3:34 PM
Sunny

Message # 24 | 1:37 PM
PixelKhaos, there will be some updates to the module soon, one of them concerns the picture being shown as far as I aware.
Neuro

Message # 25 | 6:30 PM
Quote (Sunny)
1. Disable the following options in Common Settings:
- Redirect from the default domain to the attached one automatically:
- The domain [domain name] is a primary one:

2. Connect Facebook.

3. Enable the options again.

Thanks for the advice, but same problem as before... cry
Sunny

Message # 26 | 2:03 PM
Neuro, what's the uCoz address of your website?
Matthew9569

Message # 27 | 12:04 PM
Hi! It is http://bmwm1.ucoz.hu (however it automatically redirects you to www.tfrc.hu)
Sunny

Message # 28 | 2:46 PM
Matthew9569, I'm afraid I can't suggest any other solutions for now (except for manual posting). We are planning to add the possibility to connect Facebook via personal applications for users with custom domains, but it will be a bit later.
AlexMalik

Message # 29 | 4:32 PM
Why there is no facebook in Social network settings?

Added (2013-09-21, 10:32 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Why there is no facebook in Social network settings?

===[On Social Network]===
Facebook/-/Twitter
===[My Website]===
WainsOrg
Sunny

Message # 30 | 1:52 PM
AlexMalik, if you don't see Facebook on your website, it means that the uCoz domain is currently blocked by Facebook. We are working on the problem.
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Search: