• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Update of System and Error Pages (Update 4-2014)
Update of System and Error Pages
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:23 PM
The update is available on all servers.

We have brought all uCoz system and error pages to the common design. These are the technical pages that do not belong directly to your website but are common for uCoz in general. Here belong errors 404, 502, 401 and so on, as well as deactivation, blocking, access denied, inactive module's pages etc.

Maybe you have never even seen them! Nonetheless we've made them more useful and modern.

The pages used to have neither style nor meaningfulness. And some of them, e.g. the frightening "Site not found" page, were shown to users in response to several very different actions, up to a typo in the URL.

Now all these faults have been fixed, and the pages have not only become cute, but also more informative - we've added links to contact forms that will be useful in each particular case. You will find the instructions on what you should do if you see a message that your website is deactivated, blocked or missing on the Internet.

Below are some examples of how the pages used to look and how they look now:

Blocking page:

Was

Is

'Site not found' page:

Was

Is

On deactivation and reactivation pages you will find useful tips on how to save your website from being deactivated and where to search for a reactivation message:

As for the default 404 page that is displayed when you are trying to access a non-existent page on an existing website, you can still upload your own via File Manager. This is the only system page that can be customized.
Attachments: 4202302.png (14.2 Kb) · 7952899.png (85.0 Kb) · 8711317.png (10.2 Kb) · 7625067.png (57.9 Kb) · 5314302.png (56.0 Kb) · 9524120.png (74.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 2 | 6:47 PM
Cool. Ps, i hate this first . angry
!
Animorph

Message # 3 | 8:18 PM
Sunny, ive noticed them today smile great update
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Good

Message # 4 | 1:24 PM
I noticed this 2 days ago. tongue

P/S:Hope to see the update of the login via Social network !!!!!!!!!!!
Sunny

Message # 5 | 1:58 PM
The update is available on all servers.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 9:09 PM
Sunny, will the default 404 pages be changed too? smile
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:11 AM
bigblog, no, at least not in the near future. It was updated some time ago. And it is customizable, so users can edit it if necessary.
NTP

Message # 8 | 11:06 PM
So is the cat supposed to be uCoz's mascot now?
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
NormalX

Message # 9 | 11:52 PM
Sunny, What about under Service page, is that going to be updated soon
Sunny

Message # 10 | 9:23 AM
NTP, kind of smile

NormalX, not very soon but yeah, we are planning on it.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Update of System and Error Pages (Update 4-2014)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: