• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Watermark: Custom Colored Font or Image? Possible Now! (Update 6-2014)
Watermark: Custom Colored Font or Image? Possible Now!
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:20 PM
The update is available on all servers

Update of 7.04.2014:
  • the possibility to apply a watermark to PNG files;
  • the possibility not to add a watermark to images, attached to a certain entry, in all modules: screenshot;
  • an option in the user group permissions that prohibits to choose whether a watermark should be applied to an image or not (Users -> Users groups -> Set permissions for all groups -> Other): screenshot.

Many of our users have been waiting for this update and suggested it many times. So today we are glad to announce that it has finally happened! The possibility to use various watermark styles and upload custom watermark images has been added to uCoz! The details are below.

Let's start with the most important: the possibility to upload custom watermark images is available only to premium users (paid removal of the ad banner).

Why so? The answer is obvious: this feature creates a large enough load on the servers, therefore we cannot make it available for all free accounts. But we have good news for free users as well - you can now customize color, size and font of the watermark text!
Let's check how it looks in Control Panel:

And here is how it looks on pictures:

Watermark FAQ:

Question: What images is the watermark applied to?
Answer: To all images, uploaded via website modules or via File Manager.

Question: Is it enough to buy a paid package once and then use the image watermark always?
Answer: No, it's not enough. The image watermark will be applied to pictures as long as you pay for the ad banner removal. If the payment expires, the watermark settings will be reset to default.

Question: Can I upload custom fonts to be used in the watermark?
Answer: No, it is not possible. But you can create a custom image in any graphics editor with the necessary font and a transparent background, and apply it as a watermark of the "Image" type.

Question: What will happen if I delete the watermark image from the website File Manager?
Answer: If the system does not find the watermark image, the watermark settings will be reset to default.

Question: I've customized the watermark font, color, and size, but it is not applied to the uploaded pictures. What's wrong?
Answer: Most probably the font size is too large for the uploaded picture. If does not fit the width of the picture, it is not applied.

Question: What features are available to premium users, and what - to free users?
Answer: The possibilities of the new watermark are described in the table below:

Feature
Free account
Paid account
Old watermark (standard)
Customizable watermark font
Customizable watermark font size
Customizable watermark text color
Text border
Customizable text border color
Customizable watermark position on a picture
Customizable watermark transparency percentage
Customizable compression quality of a picture after applying the watermark
Image watermark

Post your questions and suggestion below! You can also post images from your websites with applied watermarks, show examples and the possibilities of this feature!
Attachments: 2369460.png (0.8 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 2 | 8:21 PM
Very nice update smile i was already using it yesterday tongue
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:25 AM
Update of 1.04.2014:
  • the possibility to apply a watermark to PNG files;
  • the possibility not to add a watermark to images, attached to a certain entry, in all modules: screenshot;
  • an option in the user group permissions that prohibits to choose whether a watermark should be applied to an image or not (Users -> Users groups -> Set permissions for all groups -> Other): screenshot.

VZ

Message # 4 | 10:49 PM
I think the paying thing should be removed, hmm makes me not want to buy this service, unless i am planning to remove it as well as ads...
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 10:02 AM
VZ, only the image watermark is available to premium users. Customizable text watermark is available to free accounts.
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Watermark: Custom Colored Font or Image? Possible Now! (Update 6-2014)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: