• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Control Panel session (session time-out, IP address is temporarily blocked)
Control Panel session
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:16 PM
You can log into the Control Panel from several browsers, besides several people can work in the Control Panel simultaneously. Maximal number of simultaneous logins is from 1 to 4. You can adjust it via the top bar -> Security -> Security settings. You can also set a session time-out period – from 1 hour (minimum) to 18 hours. It is recommend to set more than one hour only when you are working in the Control Panel from home, otherwise it's better not to take risks. If you were inactive during the session period you will have to log in again. If administrators have their session bound to IP (in user group settings) and IP is dynamic, then they will be automatically logged out when working on the site each time their IP changes. Work in the Control Panel is ALWAYS bound to IP.

A username (login) to the Control Panel is the site name, chosen during registration. The password to the Control Panel can be changed irrespective of the administrator’s password. The administrator’s username can be changed, the Control Panel username (website name) can’t.

Control Panel is a separate module. Logging in to the Control Panel is realized separately from the logging in to the website. Everyone, who has the corresponding permissions, can log into the Control Panel using the same username and password.

You can log into the Control Panel either from your Webtop (at uNet.com) -> My websites or by means of adding /admin to the website name (http://yourwebsite.ucoz.com/admin).

There are also the following settings.
Session security level by IP address:

1. Medium (fixation of C-class network)
2. Low (fixation of B-class network)
3. Absent (no fixation)
4. High (fix IP exactly)

If your IP changes each time you refresh a page or just periodically (you work through cascading proxy or traffic saving software, or your type of Internet connection doesn't provide constant IP address), and your work in the Control Panel is often interrupted by the error about changed IP, then you can choose the item "no fixation", however it will considerably reduce the security level.

Logging in to Control Panel only from the specified IP addresses and subnetworks:

The list of IP addresses and subnetworks, wherefrom login to the Control Panel is allowed. This feature allows to reach the maximum security level. Subnetworks can be specified in different ways: "100.101.102", "100.101.102.*", "100.101.102.0/24", "100.101.102.0/255.255.255.0" - define the same subnetwork with the IP addresses from 100.101.102.0 to 100.101.102.255. You can enter up to 20 subnetworks.
Do not use this feature if you hardly understand what IP address is and in what cases it may change.

If your IP address is temporarily blocked, it means that you have entered a wrong password several times in succession. It will be unblocked in about an hour, so you don't need to worry

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
ocam

Message # 2 | 8:22 PM
mmmm hi is it possible to have two different accounts in control panel? for e.g. coolguy password ????? secret question ????
e.g. hansomguy password ????? secret question ????
am guessing its not possible my friend had to give me hes password!!!
Armaros

Message # 3 | 9:34 PM
Having two accounts on CP is not possible.
AizEn2379

Message # 4 | 8:39 PM
Hey man can you help me,,

I have changed my control panel password
I know my website password and ucoz.com

but I cant rember the control panel

I try forget password but it doesnt send me the control panel
you know how to fix it

please help xD

MrsKira

Message # 5 | 9:04 PM
Splendid job. Contact Tech. Support.
~ Time is the fire in which we burn...
Sunny

Message # 6 | 8:54 AM
AizEn2379, if you have a separate CP password you should use the following link to remind it - http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=remind
AizEn2379

Message # 7 | 8:51 PM
it doesn work. it says it send mail to my account, the mail isnt their I have waited like 1 hours or something
Dartz

Message # 8 | 11:35 PM
Did you check spam/junk folders?
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
AizEn2379

Message # 9 | 7:15 AM
yes I checked it junk and spam but still their is no message..

Added (2010-03-06, 5:54 Am)
---------------------------------------------
please reply me faster lol

its been like 1 week and my website is getting low rates...
lol

Give me something to reset my password or change

or remind me anything lol!
fasT

Added (2010-03-07, 1:15 Am)
---------------------------------------------
heloo can yuo reply faster.. waited 1 day for reply..

Dartz

Message # 10 | 11:56 AM
AizEn2379, do not discuss same matter in multiple threads.

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-249-52392-16-1268048919

KingCub

Message # 11 | 2:49 AM
My Tag On my Site Says " My Site" how Do i change it?
Sunny

Message # 12 | 9:11 AM
KingCub, how is the question related to this thread? Use Builder to change the title - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-5862-1
HorseIsleSense

Message # 13 | 1:12 AM
My friend lost her password, and tried logging in twice I think she said. But it failed one time then she remembered it was case-sensitive... So her account is temporarily blocked for however many hours..

Is there any way I can un-block her account, seeing as she's a mod on my site?

Dartz

Message # 14 | 10:34 AM
You can't. Both of you will have to wait.
HorseIsleSense

Message # 15 | 2:37 AM
How long will she have to wait? It's been over a day now, and she hasn't been able to log in...
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Control Panel session (session time-out, IP address is temporarily blocked)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: