uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 76 | 2:53 PM
coce_boy, you started adding entries on March 7. And

Quote (Sunny)
the search index is being built once per 4-5 days.

You need to wait.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Brazen

Message # 77 | 2:53 PM
1) Does uCoz search engine actually searches tags in the entries or just the title of the entry?
If it only searches titles of the entries then my search is working but if it suppose to search tags too then I have problems with my search.

2) Does uCoz search engine indexes old entries or only the new once?
If it only indexes the new once then where can I request that my old entries be re-indexed?
Why should it be re-indexed?! I added dozens of entries before the features such as friendly url and tags were available to us.
Some of my old entries don't have friendly url and tags but I am currently working on adding them.
Yes, my old entries are indexed but with old urls and without tags.

My website: http://www.epiclosers.com/

Post edited by Brazen - Thursday, 2010-03-18, 2:57 AM
Sunny

Message # 78 | 2:53 PM
Brazen, why did you decide that search by tags is not working - http://www.epiclosers.com/search/street/ ?

2) Entries will be reindexed if their dates will be updated.

Brazen

Message # 79 | 2:53 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Brazen, why did you decide that search by tags is not working - http://www.epiclosers.com/search/street/ ?

Here is an example this entry have *parking* tag in it but when I search parking the entry mentioned doesn't appear in the search results.

Sunny

Message # 80 | 2:53 PM
Brazen, the standard search form does not search by tags. If you want to be able to search by tags you need to create a tag list or a tag cloud.

http://www.epiclosers.com/search/?q=parking - site search without tags
http://www.epiclosers.com/search/parking - search by tags

Brazen

Message # 81 | 2:54 PM
Sunny, Now that I have created a tag cloud what happens to the standard search does it turn into advanced search or does it stay as standard search?
Lets say that it stays as the standard search what do I do so that it searches my tags too?

I just hope you will not say that advanced search only works by clicking the tags in the tag cloud, is it?

Okey, is this correct standard search ($SEARCH_FORM$) only searches the titles of the entries and the advanced search searches both the title and the tags?
Like mentioned above, I created a tag cloud so does this mean this code $SEARCH_FORM$ becomes advanced search automatically?
Where will the users of my site will have to go to perform advanced search?

Post edited by Brazen - Saturday, 2010-03-20, 10:11 AM
nunutu29

Message # 82 | 2:54 PM
why this code doesn't work in site search but in file catalog YES ...????
it work just $TITLE$ but $VRESION$ not

Attachments: 3837357.png (39.6 Kb)

www.nunutu29.do.am
Post edited by nunutu29 - Friday, 2010-03-19, 6:35 PM
Dartz

Message # 83 | 2:54 PM
Quote (Brazen)
Lets say that it stays as the standard search what do I do so that it searches my tags too?
There is no option for this.

nunutu29,

1. Learn to type before you decide to accuse! There is no such thing as "$VRESION$".
2. Version code means entry's version, how you expect it to work in search?
3. The code you are using is custom. Is it right or no - none of our business.

4. Are you aware about illegal software - warez, not allowed in uCoz? My student
reads Romanian well, I'll ask her to look into your website. If there are warez then
website breaks uCoz Terms of Service & can be closed due violation of these terms.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
nunutu29

Message # 84 | 2:54 PM
Dartz, I did not know, however I do not think to have any of these things, I've only got the files from other sites and I put on mine...

can you control if I put something illegal ?

if "yes" i will not make the site more!!! I will delete it..

or I will make it for PSP if I can put themes, games, software for psp ?

www.nunutu29.do.am
Post edited by nunutu29 - Friday, 2010-03-19, 8:27 PM
Dartz

Message # 85 | 2:54 PM
This definitely isn't the thread to discuss your websites. I however will answer
and if you have further questions please ask them to me via Private Message.

uCoz can and will control illegal software circulation in their system. Providing
illegal software is against the law. If product isn't stated as freeware and you
provide its cracks, serial numbers, full installation so on, it is against our ToS.

For example, providing full installation or a crack for Kaspersky is against the
law, therefore against our ToS. You are allowed to provide trial versions and
also many gaming related clients which are meant to be freeware and meant
for everyone to use. Like for Grand Theft Auto's multi-player which is for free.

Now you can stop asking my student - why Dartz mentions illegal software.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
admin9806

Message # 86 | 2:54 PM
Hi, iam from Greece. I write for the first time and want to thank you for your great services! There is a problem today with site search in displaying the greek language! Search with english characters is still working, but wherever there is a greek character is displaying as .???????????, ????...

And one other question. Is it possible to have the possibility to have the old search module back? And if you wonder why i say that, is because it was displaying search results in a instant time every single post i was searching. In one second I was able to make a query and find it, but now some posts do not appear, but after hours or seems to be missed and are not displaying by "added day" order! Some times is difficult even for me to find my own posts!

Is it possible for an instant search option like before? Now that all are made through the "search bot", there is a delay in indexing of the results!
Thank you uCoz for your hard work and excellent uptime!

CodeResolution

Message # 87 | 2:55 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Indexation is quick, therefore all new entries will be indexed without delays

As Sunny said, it should be quick. I have tested the module, and it works fast. How long do you normally have to wait for the entry to be added to be indexed?

Quote (admin9806)
want to thank you for your great services!

Glad you like the service.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
admin9806

Message # 88 | 2:55 PM
Quote (Mistory)
How long do you normally have to wait for the entry to be added to be indexed?

There are posts that i can not find them after over 2.5 days and many posts from yesterday and today! It is difficult situation for guests and users and many of them unfortunately are not coming back, because it is most difficult for them to find what they want, even for me. With the new search, many times I got fooled and made double posts, because a mod already posted the same before me, because I could not find it, beacause wasn't indexed yet.
That is why... old - standard search module was the best for me!

But the major problem is that Greek are displaying as: ...??? ?????, ???? ??? ??? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ????????? ?
and only numbers and english are displaying correctly!

admin9806

Message # 89 | 2:55 PM
Quote (Dartz)
Please provide your website's url.

My website url is: http://ezaccess.at.ua/
if it is not possible to return to "old" system, please check search "in Greek" and why indexing is generally almost 3 days behind!

Sunny

Message # 90 | 2:55 PM
admin9806, the techs will look into the matter with Greek letters.

Quote (admin9806)
And one other question. Is it possible to have the possibility to have the old search module back?

Yes. You need to change $SEARCH_FORM$ into $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$.

Quote (admin9806)
There are posts that i can not find them after over 2.5 days and many posts from yesterday and today!

New entries are being indexed within 4-5 days. This is how the site search module work.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: