• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » SIte menu not showing tab highlights on most modules
SIte menu not showing tab highlights on most modules
Boujohn

Message # 1 | 2:30 AM
Our site menu highlights the tab for Blog, Photo Album, Contact Us and home -- but nothing else. News, and all web pages are not reflected in the site menu display.

I don't know how the menu picks up current navigation contect so I'm thinking that I have broken the connection somehow by not following a naming convention or having an HTML tag properly inserted in the pages.

Can someone explain to me how this works so I can fix this?

tdua.ucoz.com

Thanks. John
Sunny

Message # 2 | 7:44 AM
Boujohn, the site menu is hidden. I think I understand what you mean but could you also provide some screenshots?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Boujohn

Message # 3 | 11:56 AM
Hmmm ... I think I may have answered my own question inadvertantly wink

We grabbed a new domain name to remove the "ucoz" from the main ... in the process we discuvered that many of our menu target URLs had "http://tdua.ucoz.org/" in them, and that was causing cooking authorization errors, bringing us to the login screen repeatedly for re-authorization. Pulling the domain name out of the target URLs nad leaving only the relative path (mostly beginning with "/index" cleaned up this problem ... and it is also now highlighting the menu tabs properly when we are on the top-level page under each tab.

So, the behavior is becoming clearer: the menu code checks the page name(?) to see if it matches the menu target URL?

The one thing remaining now is for the menu tab to highlight if we are on a page underneath the main page. Currently it doesn't highlight if we are not on the exact page selected by clicking on the tab.

Fyi here is a series of screenshots:

1) when I select the page related to the top level menu item, that tab highlights properly:

2) now I am selecting a sub-menu under that top level menu ...

3) and when I go to that page, the top level menu item doesn't highlight anymore

Granted, the current page isn't related to that parent menu item -- it's related to the submenu item under it. But in a hierarchical menu you want the entire path from the root to be visible so you can clearly see your location in the hierarchy. In this case since the second level menu isn't persistently displayed, I don't need the second level menu item to be highlighted. But I do need it's ancestry to be highlighted.

I'm guessing I can just adjust the internal page ID or title, some attribute that the menu matches it's target against to determine if it's "current" or not?

Or, is this one of the purposes of creating sub-pages? (which I did not do, but can if it makes a difference.)

Thanks. John
Attachments: 6779658.png (231.5 Kb) · 6321452.png (146.3 Kb) · 2963507.png (141.4 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 4 | 3:00 PM
Quote Boujohn ()
Or, is this one of the purposes of creating sub-pages?

No, creation of subpages won't resolve the problem. I will need some time to look into the issue and then will get back to you.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » SIte menu not showing tab highlights on most modules
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: