|uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » FTP connection (uploading of files via FTP)|
Message # 1 | 1:59 PM 2008-10-29
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from one host to another host over a TCP-based network, such as the Internet (Wikipedia).
To use FTP you will need a special program - an FTP client, e.g. Filezilla, CuteFTP, FTP Commander etc. A browser cannot be used for this purpose. You can get additional info on these and other programs with the help of search engines (Google, Yahoo! etc.).
Learn how to setup FTP on uCoz and connect using a FTP client (guide by TeamNiBiC)
1. Sign in to your Control Panel (http://example.ucoz.com/admin)
2. At the main page, click on FTP details.
3. A window will appear, where you will find: host, login and password. If you haven't set the password yet, click the link and set one.
4. Save the information or at least keep the window open for you to log in using your favorite client.
I recommend Filezilla, which can be found by Google: Filezilla download.
5. Install and launch the client and sign in with your information.
For FTP programs to work properly you should check your network settings, the settings of firewall and antivirus software.
It is desirable to look into the error log. If the connection to the server was established, an error will be clearly described. If there is no connection then there is something wrong with the network or client settings. You may often need to use the passive mode, if your ISP sets limitations.
To establish an FTP connection you should observe the following conditions:
1. Your e-mail must be confirmed.
2. Your website must be at least 2 hours old (sometimes up to 24 hours) for FTP to work.
3. The installed security programs must not forbid FTP connection.
4. The passive mode must be selected.
5. Enter the data into your FTP client manually, and not by means of copy&paste.
Static .htm and .html files should be uploaded via File Manager. Static files are not very welcome at uCoz. If you need them more then 10 you have chosen a wrong hosting.
COMMON RULES FOR FTP AND FILE MANAGER
- The max size of a file to upload is 15 Mb.
- The max length of a file name with extension is 45 characters.
- One nesting level can have not more than 200 files and folders (max nesting depth is 4).
- A file name can contain only Latin letters, digits, an underscore and a hyphen.
See how to work with FTP here
Attachments: 0267777.png (27.5 Kb) · 6921784.png (23.8 Kb)
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Message # 61 | 12:21 PM 2010-07-13
I use Filezilla and FireFTP. When i use Windows Seven operation system, everything was ok. But i changed my OS to Windows XP. Now those programs can't connect my FTP. When i click connect button on my fireFTP, filezilla or whatever, my CPU is working too hard. Please see picture.
Attachments: 7469798.jpg (68.3 Kb) · 1570673.jpg (70.0 Kb)
Don't worry, Be happy
Sorry for my English
Nik Aka Wind
Message # 63 | 5:42 PM 2010-08-08
I'm using the FTP called FileZilla & I'm trying to change my file permissions on a certain file on the the website to "777" but it gives me this error
Response: 200 You cannot change permissions
Any reason why?
& If i try and access it:
You are not allowed to view this page
Access to this page using your personal data is forbidden.
Nik Aka Wind
Message # 67 | 3:46 PM 2010-08-12
Why not? And the Current permission allows Admins to View and edit Im an admin on my website why cant i still access it?
Message # 75 | 1:21 PM 2010-11-29
Upload .htm and .html files via File Manager. Static files are not very welcome at uCoz. If you need them more then 10 you have chosen a wrong hosting.
If I upload more than 10 file (HTML files),what effort can I get?
Added (2010-11-29, 7:21 Am)
uCoz forever user from