uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 31 | 9:05 AM
It is impossible to display full message text in Informer.

The field $MESSAGE$ of Informer is not equivalent to the field $MESSAGE$ of the Ad Board for example. In Informer the content of the Ad Board field $BRIEF$ is displayed. Informer by definition INFORMS about presence of an entry! To read the full text of the entry one should follow the link.

cokoboy

Message # 32 | 10:30 PM
I want to have an informer that only shows pictures from 1 catagory, and show the most recent, is that possible?

I've tried adding the $URI_ID$ of the page in the "list of catagory ids" but it doesn't work.

jackass

Message # 33 | 10:38 PM
It must work, you maybe add a wrong ID number, check it again.
cokoboy

Message # 34 | 10:48 PM
Ok thanks, I solved it. Your not suppose to add the $URI_ID$ into the informers, but 1,2,3, etc.(from the catagory url)

happy

Tom

Message # 35 | 8:53 PM
Hi,

On my website (http://sliceanddice.ucoz.com/) I have an updates box, but sometimes when forum topics are longer then 20 characters, the amount of replies (in brackets) goes on to the next line.

So, is there any way to code for something along the lines of "if exceeds (20) characters, change font size down (once/twice)" or "if text goes on to next line, change font size down, (until it doesn't go on next line)"

I hope I've explained this well enough! Is there anyway to do this? Any help at all will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Tom

www.sliceanddice.ucoz.com A Medal of Honor + Sniper Elite Clan
Want an updates box on your website? Get it here.
iLee

Message # 36 | 9:56 PM
Tom, Sorry mate, There's no such feature. Im also sure that it's not possible.
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
Pilot

Message # 37 | 10:05 PM
Indeed.
I'd recommend you to, whether change the font size on the informer to a smaller size (but it'll show all the titles with a smaller font, not just the long ones) or tell your members to make the topic titles shorter.
Or, another option is to make the informer appear elsewhere (like on the main page center or something like that), since there's not much space in the block, where the informer is now.
Post edited by Rake - Saturday, 2009-02-07, 10:05 PM
Tom

Message # 38 | 10:09 PM
Thanks Rake.

I can also shorten the forum "maximal tital length" in the informers, but that adds ... to the end.

www.sliceanddice.ucoz.com A Medal of Honor + Sniper Elite Clan
Want an updates box on your website? Get it here.
Pilot

Message # 39 | 10:12 PM
Quote (Tom)
I can also shorten the forum "maximal tital length" in the informers, but that adds ... to the end.

Well, if you don't like any other options given, I'd recommend you to do that. wink
At least then it wont make the title look messy in the informer. smile

shemi

Message # 40 | 5:33 PM
how can I add the informer on the side of the site where the site friends are and other stuff sad and how can I add an existing informer to the page AT ALL !! sad help pls!
RAPERR!!
Pilot

Message # 41 | 5:35 PM
Create a new block ( http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-5862-1 ) and just put the informer as it's content.
Post edited by Rake - Wednesday, 2009-02-25, 5:35 PM
Slicer

Message # 42 | 9:32 PM
Hello, I am currently having a problem getting the "Users who have visited the site in the past day" Informer.
Can someone help me?
Can someone also give me the code that works?
Pilot

Message # 43 | 9:36 PM
slicer, just create the informer like this:

CP > Informers -> Create new -> "Users who have visited the site for the current day"

Slicer

Message # 44 | 9:51 PM
I made that informer, made a new box on front page, put in $MYINF_2$ and it doesn't show up anything.
I re-did everything.
I re-created the Informer.
I copied the other informer's code that displays on my front page and inserted $MYINF_2$
Still, nothing shows up, except and empty box.
Sunny

Message # 45 | 9:59 AM
slicer, how long did you try to wait? Informer data is being cached, it's not refreshed immediately. Besides this informer fully corresponds to its name after 00:00.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: