Have you ever had that certain instance where you want http://your-ucoz-site.com/stuff to also be accessible via http://your-ucoz-site.com/onlinegames? Well good news, here's a tutorial that will help you add redirections to virtually any URL you want. Be it inside your website or to external links, e.g.; http://your-ucoz-site.com/facebook will redirect users to http://www.facebook.com/your-ucoz-site-page.
Things you'll need:
- Any plain text editor. (You can't use Microsoft Word or any rich text editor.)
- Access to your uCoz website's File Manager.
Things to do:
1. Open up your text editor (e.g. notepad) and type or copy the code below.
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=http://your-new-url/">
<p>Please wait while you are redirected...</p>
On the code above, replace http://your-new-url/ with the one you want.
2. Save your file to index.html.
3. On your website's File Manager, create a new folder name it whatever you want, e.g.; onlinegames.
4. Inside your newly created folder, upload your index.html file.
5. Make sure that the file is named index.html.
6. Test out your new url redirection by visiting http://your-ucoz-site/yournewfolder.
7. If you followed everything correctly that should work and you will be redirected to the URL you specified.
This concludes this simple set of instructions on how to set up redirection on your uCoz website.
You probably already knew how the above tutorial would work. You might just have overlooked it.
For those of you having trouble following the instructions above, here's a quick video demo on how to do it.