• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » chatbox (chatbox)
chatbox
lampy007

Message # 1 | 0:50 AM
just wondering if its possible to have 2 chat box's one for guests then one for members...

thanks
Post edited by lampy007 - Saturday, 2012-10-06, 0:50 AM
TKzHacks

Message # 2 | 1:43 AM
Yeah, its possible. One way to do it is to do so when a user signed up on your page you will allow them to see/visit a page.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 2:13 AM
lampy007, using the tag board it is currently not possible to have separate rooms. You can however use two separate chat services and hide/show them using conditional operators. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
lampy007

Message # 4 | 7:28 AM
Quote (Paradox)
lampy007, using the tag board it is currently not possible to have separate rooms. You can however use two separate chat services and hide/show them using conditional operators.

Hi I have tried this on my webpage so that everyone can see the guest one (for admins to monitor) then only admins can see the other one but unfortunately I can only post in the first one when trying to post in the second i get

"error Field "Message" not filled in"

Whilst hitting ok in the second chatbox you can see the first one try and load the message then you get the error.... Do i need to have something different like $CHAT_BOX_1$ or something

Also when I log in as "Guest" or "Admin" even with DIFFERENT accesses ticked they will either both show up or neither will...

I am thinking its almost like you need a different html code for the second one

Anyone with any ideas?
Post edited by lampy007 - Saturday, 2012-10-06, 7:31 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 6:07 AM
Quote (Paradox)
it is currently not possible to have separate rooms.

Thus meaning the tag board will not adequately serve your purposes. What you need to do is use two separate providers, one can be the uCoz Tag Board however the second needs to be a third party provider (you can find these using Google).

The alternative workaround for the use of rooms takes an extremely considerable amount of template editing and coding in JavaScript. I am working on the code myself at the current moment but it is still under construction at this exact moment. wink

~~

As to the rooms showing up, the permissions will not hide the room display from members. To do this make use of the conditional operators and have something as such like the code below;

Code
<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?><?if($GROUP_ID$ == "5")?>ADMIN CHAT<?else?>$CHAT_BOX$<?endif?><?endif?>

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » chatbox (chatbox)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: